DETROIT — The M-1 Rail line is under construction along Woodward Avenue, however, many of the restaurants on the thoroughfare are celebrating with an unusual “Orange Christmas” and offering many food and drink specials to encouraging customers in come and visit Midtown.
“The M-1 Rail line and other new construction in the area are incredibly exciting developments for all the residents and businesses in Midtown,” says Susan Mosey, CEO of Midtown Detroit Inc. “They’re tearing up Woodward but the street is still open for traffic in both directions and we want everyone to know that all our restaurants and other businesses are open during construction and offering great holiday food and drink specials.”
The restaurants, including the new Addison Eatery and The Grille Midtown on Woodward are joining familiar names like The Majestic, Union Street and The Whitney to offer special promotions to entice customers to brave the orange and white construction barrels and barricades and join the fun of the holiday season in The D.
Each restaurant will offer its own specials throughout the holidays. Among them.
- Addison Eatery is offering 10 percent off all menu items and $5 Mimosas, Bloody Marys and cocktails. The restaurant has convenient free parking on Charlotte Street.
- The Grille Midtown is offering its patrons an extended Happy Hour, from 5 to 9 p.m., and $5 shotgun shrimp, filet tip sliders and crispy calamari, along with $5 cocktail specials — Midtown Frost, Silent Night Cap, Holiday Hopper and select wines.
- The Majestic will feature $2 well cocktails and draft beers, along with $4 house wine, $5.50 Jaeger “bombs” and select food specials during its 4:30 to 7 Wednesday-Friday Happy Hours.
- Union Street patrons will enjoy a $5 Featured Menu & $5 Martinis on Mondays, $2 MI drafts every Tuesday with Open Mic hosted by Audra Kubat, and half off all bottles of wine Wednesday. Union Street also offers $3 well drinks Monday thru Saturday until 6PM. Union Street offers Detroit’s largest Bloody Mary Bar & Bottomless Mimosas every Sunday!
- The Whitney is featuring $2 Happy Hour specials on select drinks including a “Shot of Nog”, a wine taster, a shot of Jameson whiskey, and a Champagne Toast, along with special hors d’oeuvres including “Sloppy Jacks”, mussels, bruschetta, and shrimp Mac ‘n Cheese in the restaurant’s third floor Ghost Bar. The Whitney Happy Hour runs from 5-7 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and 4-8 p.m. Sundays.
“Midtown is booming and we’re encouraging metro Detroiters to come down and experience it all for themselves,” Mosey says.