Farmington Hills’ H.W. Kaufman Group and its subsidiary, Burns & Wilcox, a wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager, announced 16 insurance industry associates across nine locations in the United States and Canada were promoted.
Kevin Heckman was promoted to corporate senior vice president and CFO of H.W. Kaufman Group. Heckman was previously corporate vice president, global accounting, and was appointed as interim CFO in March 2020. He will be based at the company’s Farmington Hills headquarters and will be responsible for the network’s global accounting and financial operations, including strategic planning and growth strategy for its 15 companies. Heckman also assists in mergers and acquisitions activity. He provided operational leadership for the organization’s subsidiaries during his eight-year career with the company.
Other promotions include:
- Rich Fusinski to corporate senior vice president, chief information officer, H.W. Kaufman Group, from corporate vice president, chief information officer (Farmington Hills,)
- Josh Hunegs to corporate senior vice president, H.W. Kaufman Group, chief investment officer, Atain Insurance Cos., from corporate vice president (Farmington Hills)
- Laura Bates to corporate senior vice president, Atain, from corporate vice president (Farmington Hills)
- Michele Rochester to associate vice president, managing director, Kaufman Institute, from managing director (Farmington Hills)
- Danielle Alessandrini to associate vice president, director, personal insurance, Burns & Wilcox, from underwriting director, personal insurance (Farmington Hills)
- Shelby Zgnilec to director, operations and analytics, H.W. Kaufman Group, from manager, operations and analytics (Farmington Hills)
Burns & Wilcox has more than 60 offices across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom and employs more than 2,000 people. It was founded in 1969 and includes Burns & Wilcox Brokerage, Kaufman Institute and London-based, Chesterfield Insurance Brokers, Lochain Patrick, Cranbrook Underwriting, Node International, and more.