United Road in Plymouth Township, North America’s largest provider of finished vehicle transport logistics, has announced the launch of a new sister company, National Vehicle Transporters Alliance (NVTA).
The new company will serve as a business resource for United Road and Team DriveAway’s 5,000-plus independent carriers, 85 percent of whom are small- to mid-sized businesses.
Here’s how it works: NVTA connects carriers affiliated with United Road and Team DriveAway/Fr8 with substantial cost-saving resources and support services essential to their day-to-day business operations. NVTA levels the playing field for small and mid-sized haulers giving them access to the buying power of larger carriers.
“United Road saw a dramatic drop-out rate among small and mid-sized vehicle haulers due to COVID-19,” says Jason Walker, COO of United Road. “When the country locked down, when demand disappeared, carriers exited. Some retired. Some retooled to carry different freight. We asked carriers how we could help sustain their businesses.
“That’s when the lights went on for NVTA as a way for United Road to leverage its market relationships and resources to support not just our active carrier network but the profession as a whole. The business premise for NVTA is simple: When our carriers do well, we do well.”
NVTA’s business insurance offering was road-tested among a pilot group of carriers earlier this year. Carriers can save up to 25 percent on business insurance upon renewal. Effective April 8, 2021, fuel discounts of up to $.80 a gallon will be available.
“We have saved over $10,000 on our cargo and $35,000 on AL, GL, and APD programs by switching to NVTA’s insurance,” says Bernard and Daniela Gutierrez, owners of Dani Transport based in California.
Highlights of NVTA’s offerings include:
- Business insurance at reduced or competitive rates for qualified members.
- Roadside Fleet Assistance 24/7 for repairs, towing, non-emergency maintenance. Includes 10-30 percent discounts on emergency repairs and 10 percent on vendor repair rates.
- Tire and parts discounts. Up to 40 percent off fleet tires, 30 percent savings on parts depending on brand and product line.
- Fuel discounts of up to 32 percent at 800-plus chain and independent locations.
- Magnus Technologies operating software discount.
- Knowledge Center with resources on trends, new developments that affect the carrier community.
- Discounts/rebates on office supplies, computers, shipping, travel, and more.
NVTA has three levels of membership:
- CLASSIC Membership is free of charge and includes full access to the Knowledge Center.
- PLUS Membership is a fee-based program that includes discounts for those carriers actively hauling for United Road or Team DriveAway. PLUS gives members access to all discounts and benefits with the exception of complete business insurance. PLUS benefits include up to a 32 percent fuel discount, a 10-30 percent discount on repairs and maintenance, 24/7 roadside assistance, etc.
- PREMIUM Membership is available to qualified carriers. PREMIUM provides access to complete business insurance customized to each carrier that includes physical damage of hauling equipment, cargo coverage and other options. The membership fee varies based on the number of vehicles being insured.
The benefits of NVTA far exceed the membership cost which can be readily recouped in as little as one to two months through substantial savings on fuel, maintenance and parts, business insurance for carriers that qualify, and other exclusive member benefits at a discount level that carriers could not get on their own, according to company officials.
“One of the important differentiators for NVTA is that it is an alliance built by carriers for carriers,” says Walker. “We know firsthand the high cost of insuring trucks and trailers, the business interruption, the costs that breakdowns cause as well as the frustration of getting repairs done on a holiday weekend at a reasonable cost. NVTA ‘gets’ the business of hauling vehicles.”
To learn more about NVTA visit: www.gonvta.org
Founded in 1997, United Road manages the transport of more than 4 million vehicles for OEMs, remarketers, on-line sellers/buyers, fleet owners, and individuals. The company operates terminals across the U.S. and Canada, has more than 1,700 employees, and oversees an integrated national network that includes a total of 2,500 company-owned and independent contractor units as well as 15,000 power units of dedicated third-party vehicle carriers.