Athletico Physical Therapy, an orthopedic rehabilitation service based in Oak Brook, Ill., has opened a new location in Commerce Township that will be called Athletico West Bloomfield.
This new business does not require a referral or a prescription to start treatment. In addition to in-clinic treatment, Athletico West Bloomfield is offering telehealth virtual treatment options where patients can connect with a physical therapist through a secure online video chat.
“I became a physical therapist because of the interaction we get with patients, where I have the ability to genuinely get to know people on a personal level and see the impact I have on their life,” says Andrea Konja, clinic manager of Athletico West Bloomfield.
“Physical therapy can often be a better holistic approach that can prevent disability and improve function without medications. I’m excited to work with patients in the West Bloomfield community to help them on their journey to move better and live pain free.”
Services available at Athletico West Bloomfield, located at 1749 Haggerty Road, include:
- Physical therapy – Treat and reduce pain, improve or restore mobility, and to help patients remain at your optimal health without further risk of injury. Joint replacement therapy, headache treatment, concussion therapy and more are also offered.
- Free assessments – A free, 30-minute assessment where an expert will evaluate an injury and recommend treatment. If needed, treatment can begin immediately, no referral necessary. Restrictions apply.
- Work injuries – The workers’ compensation specialists are trained to assess workplace environments and worker behaviors to provide customized intervention techniques and programs. In addition to treating injuries that occur on the job, services include work conditioning, ergonomics, post-offer/pre-employment testing and more.
- Hip rehabilitation – Specialists can provide safe and effective treatment for hip pain or tightness and offers rehabilitation before and after hip surgery.
- Vestibular rehabilitation – Specialists use a comprehensive approach to evaluating and treating patients with complaints of dizziness, balance deficits, and motion sensitivity.
The new location accepts all major insurance plans; provides ongoing patient education on diagnosis, treatment plans, and prescribed home-exercise programs; and offers clear, consistent communication between therapists, physicians, and patients.