Strattec Security Corp., a global automotive supplier of smart vehicle power access systems and security solutions based in Milwaukee with a Michigan office in Auburn Hills, has launched its electric vehicle (EV) initiative to bring its technologies to the growing segment.
“We are launching this initiative in response to our customers’ increased focus on EV products and technologies and in order to meet their demand for specific EV requirements and applications,” says Al Hamdan, vice president of global sales and product management at Strattec. “Our team of engineering experts is ready to engage and bring new products and solutions to the new world of EVs.”
Strattec’s commercial and technical teams are adapting automotive EV specifications and applications with innovative and optimal designs in the following product areas and categories:
- Power access systems including power liftgates, tailgates, sliding doors, swing doors, and decklids. Those system solutions include drive units, latches, and electronic control modules (ECUs).
- Latching solutions including power release and cinching latches in applications such as liftgates, hoods, and trunks and tailgates.
- Locking and security solutions from a variety of key and locking products and technologies to full passive entry passive start (PEPS) and phone-as-a-key (PaaK) systems including controllers, fobs, star and stop buttons, electronic backup systems, and antennas.
- Various user control switch applications with integrated sensing technologies such as steering wheel switches, e-shifters, and paddle switches.
- Electronic actuators targeted for motion and driving controls applications for various EV applications.
Strattec’s products are provided to customers in North America, and globally through a strategic relationship with Witte Automotive in Velbert, Germany and ADAC Automotive of Grand Rapids. Under this relationship, Strattec, Witte, and ADAC market the products to global customers under the Vehicle Access Systems Technology “VAST” brand name.
For more information or inquiries, click here.