The Somerset Collection in Troy today announced it is adding 15 new stores over the next year, bringing nearly 60,000 square feet of new retail investment to the state. Additionally, several signature stores at Somerset Collection have experienced expansions and new line introductions.
“Somerset Collection’s ability to attract and introduce new retail to Michigan is signature to the history and brand of our company,” says Nathan Forbes, managing partner of The Forbes Co. in Southfield. “We are thrilled to see global brands continue to invest and reinvest in Somerset Collection and our state.”
The new stores include:
- Zara – 30,882 square feet, two-level store, opening in mid-October adjacent to Macy’s on Somerset North, first and second levels. This is Zara’s first store in Michigan, and one of the largest stores at Somerset Collection. Zara will carry a full line of women’s, men’s and children’s apparel and accessories.
- Bally – 1,200 square feet, opening in October on Somerset Collection South, first level. This is Bally’s first store in Michigan. Bally is a Swiss luxury brand established in 1851, anchored in an exceptional heritage of shoemaking. Today, the brand offers unique and vibrant designs across footwear, accessories, ready-to-wear and eyewear.
- Tesla – 2,220 square feet, opening this October on Somerset North, first level. This is Tesla’s first gallery in Michigan, and is a showroom for the luxury electric cars and accessories.
- Rolex – 1,261 square feet, opening in November on Somerset North, second level. Rolex presented by Tapper’s, a locally owned luxury jeweler, is adding an exclusive boutique for its Rolex watch collection, the only of its kind among their stores in Michigan.
- J. McLaughlin – 975 square feet, opening this June on Somerset South, second level. Founded in 1977 by brothers Jay & Kevin McLaughlin, J. McLaughlin is a modern classic American sportswear and accessories brand for men and women recognized for a distinctive flair for color and signature portfolio of prints.
- Del Toro – 1191 square feet, opening this holiday season on Somerset South, first level. Del Toro is a luxury lifestyle brand based out of Miami, Florida. Originally a men’s brand, Del Toro now produces shoes and accessories for both men and women. Del Toro was founded in 2005 and originally sought to fill a void in the marketplace for affordable customized velvet slippers.
- Lovesac – 1,290 square feet, opening this fall on Somerset North, third level. Lovesac is an alternative furniture store, featuring high quality sacs, sectionals, beanbags and bean bag chairs.
- See’s Candies – 1,392 square feet, opening this holiday season on Somerset North, third level. See’s Candies is a 90-year-old chocolate shop offering candy treats and gifts in their signature black-and-white-brand.
- Sugarfina – 600 square feet, opening this holiday season on Somerset South, second level. This is Sugarfina’s first store in Michigan. Sugarfina is a candy shop offering a range of high-end imported sweets from chocolate & caramel to gummies & fruit.
- Timberland – 3,254 square feet, opening this October on Somerset North, second level. Timberland is an American outdoor designer wear, with a focus on footwear.
- Verizon Wireless – 1,902 square feet, opening this October on Somerset North, third level. Verizon Wireless is an American telecommunications company, offering wireless products and services
Recent stores openings at Somerset include:
- Altar’d State – 5,000 square feet, opened in April on Somerset North, second level. This is Altar’d State’s first store in Michigan. This is the exclusive location for this women’s clothing and accessories brand, known for its faith-based roots and mission.
- Alex and Ani – 912 square feet, opened in May on Somerset North, first level. Alex and Ani is a jewelry store known for making meaningful and eco-conscious accessories.
- A Pea in the Pod Maternity – 1,600 square feet on Somerset Collection South, third level. The luxury source for trendy maternity clothing and accessories.
- Vans – 2,726 square feet, opened in July on Somerset North, second level. An American apparel company known for their tennis shoes and other products including casual clothing and backpacks.
- Shinola Detroit – 2,410 square feet, opened in the spring on Somerset Collection South, first level. The Detroit-based design brand is known for its dedication to thoughtful manufacturing by creating jobs and making watches, bicycles, leather goods, journals, jewelry and audio equipment of the highest quality. The Somerset Collection features their “build your own” watch bar.
Store expansions include:
- Salvatore Ferragamo – expanded by 1,579 square feet to 3,589 square feet, opened in June on Somerset South, second level. Ferragamo has expanded to add ready-to-wear to its Somerset Collection store, the only location for this luxury brand in Michigan and the first store outside New York to feature the new store design.
- Forever 21 – expanded by 4,037 square feet to 9,778 square feet, on Somerset North, first level. Due to success and demand for more merchandise, this popular fast-fashion brand is vastly expanding its presence at Somerset Collection.
- Lush Cosmetics – tripling in size to 2,500 square feet and relocating to Somerset North, first level. Lush is a popular cosmetics brand known for effective products from fresh organic fruits and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
- Store remodels and relocations include:
- Tory Burch – will open a remodeled, 2,500-square-foot store on Somerset South, first level, in October.
- Coach – remodeled its 2,632-square-foot store on Somerset South, second level.
- Abercrombie + Fitch – opened its remodeled, 7,014-square-foot store in July on Somerset Collection North, first level. This is Abercrombie’s first new concept store.
- Pandora – remodeled its 1,066-square-foot store on Somerset North, first level.
- Papyrus – moved to a 1,035-square-foot store to Somerset North, third level.