Hour Media publications are assembled digital direct-to-plate. Film negatives are not accepted.
- We accept files created in Adobe InDesign; Photoshop, Illustrator or Macintosh Quark Xpress. We
- also accept properly prepared PDF (we cannot accept files created with Scitex PDF to Go).
- We do not accept ads built using Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME /NT/2000/XP.
- Include all Macintosh PS Type 1 fonts and images.
- Files that do not follow these guidelines will be returned for correction. No exceptions.
- CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM and DVD are accepted.
- Set document size to the exact size of your ad. If the ad is to bleed, pull all bleeds a minimum of 1/8″ (.125″) from document edge.
- Use Type 1 Postscript fonts only — no TrueType. Be sure to include both printer and screen fonts.
- When using Illustrator, Photoshop or Freehand, convert all type to outlines/paths and all colors to CMYK.
- Flatten layers and discard any extra channels or paths. Do not compress files with LZW TIFF, JPEG , JPEG encoded EPS.
- DB usiness magazine is web offset and perfect bound.
- The magazine prints at 150 lpi — minimum halftone resolution should be 300 dpi.
- TAC (Total Area Coverage) not to exceed 300%.
- Unless special ordering an additional color, all spot or Pantone specified colors should be converted to process color.
- A contract color proof is required with every ad. Acceptable contract proofs include: Kodak Approval, Scitex Iris, Fuji Pictroproof as well as 3M Digital Matchprints. If acceptable proof is not provided, color consistency will not be guaranteed.
Trim Size: 8.375″ x 10.875″
Bleed Size: 8.625″ x 11.125″
Live Area: 7.625″ x 10.125″
(Bleeds are accepted on full-page ads only.)
To electronically submit large files, please follow our FTP instructions. Smaller files may be submitted via email to your advertising coordinator.
Typesetting and Design: $200/hour
Additions/Corrections after Due Date: $50/change
Advertising inserts and special bind-ins are accepted pending approval. Please contact your sales representative.
Click here for a printable version of our digital media specifications.