BHSH System, the health system formed in February combining Beaumont Health in Southfield and Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids, announced its new name today — Corewell Health.
“At our core, we are here to help people be well so they can live their healthiest life possible,” says Tina Freese Decker, president and CEO of Corewell Health. “We recognize the amazing outcomes and history from Beaumont Health and Spectrum Health. Now together, known as Corewell Health, we move forward unified, focused on health and wellness for all.
“The name selection is especially inspiring as it was influenced by thousands of ideas from our team members who put health and wellness at the core of everything we do.”
The Corewell Health name, the company says, is reflective of the system striving toward an ambitious vision: a future where health is simple, affordable, equitable and exceptional. Patients, families and health plan members (Priority Health) can expect to receive high-quality care, services and outcomes with a wider breadth of services now available across the state.
“The Corewell Health logo reflects the increasingly synergistic relationship between health care and health coverage, and our ongoing commitment to continuously improve the health of the communities we serve,” says Julie Fream, chair of the Corewell Health System Board of Directors.
The logo, an updated palette of bright blues and greens, reflects the combination of existing colors used by Beaumont Health, Spectrum Health, and Priority Health, paying homage to the history of the organizations. The name of Priority Health, which has more than 1.2 million members, will not change.
A planned rollout of the new name that includes signage will begin soon and be phased over the next two years. The announcement comes nine months following the launch of the integrated health system.
The new names of the metro Detroit Corewell Health hospitals (and their former names) are:
- Corewell Health Beaumont Troy Hospital (Beaumont Hospital Troy)
- Corewell Health Beaumont Grosse Pointe Hospital (Beaumont Hospital Grosse Pointe)
- Corewell Health Dearborn Hospital (Beaumont Hospital Dearborn)
- Corewell Health Farmington Hills Hospital (Beaumont Hospital Farmington Hills)
- Corewell Health Taylor Hospital (Beaumont Hospital Taylor)
- Corewell Health Trenton Hospital (Beaumont Hospital Trenton)
- Corewell Health Wayne Hospital (Beaumont Hospital Wayne)
- Corewell Health William Beaumont University Hospital (Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak)
Corewell Health is a $14 billion enterprise with more than 60,000 team members, more than 11,500 affiliated, independent and employed physicians, and advanced practice providers, over 15,000 nurses, and 22 hospital facilities with more than 5,000 licensed beds.