Southfield-based accounting, tax, and consulting firm Plante Moran has partnered with AutoForecast Solutions (AFS) in Pennsylvania to offer a data-driven mobility forecast for the global automotive market.
The new mobility forecast – a comprehensive collection of automotive data that is customizable to the needs of the user and the type of data required – will be offered via Plante Moran’s Mobility Intelligence Center. It is designed to enable suppliers, investors, and other organizations to tap into industry data intelligence, functional action planning checklists, financial modeling, and management consulting services.
“Our goal in developing the mobility forecast is to provide subscribers with an option to have access to data often affordable only to OEMs or large Tier 1 suppliers,” says Mark Barrott, a principal of Plante Moran who leads the Mobility Intelligence Center. “This new product can scale to meet the individual needs of a company, providing access to both strategy and consultants, who can help them analyze and make better decisions.
“As the future of mobility continues to evolve and change, we’re continuing to provide our clients with information on how to prepare for the future by making changes and investments now. This service is adding the actual data to provide a better product that can help businesses make better informed decisions and turn recommendations into reality.”
The mobility forecast provides companies with access to an online portal with key data analyses and enables them to consult with the automotive experts at Plante Moran. Benefits include access to:
- Market intelligence, enabling suppliers to stay ahead of production volume shifts and start of production (SOP) dates.
- Integrated financial models, allowing suppliers to model and assess product and customer cost structure, profitability and cash flow impacts, including critical short-term cash down to a weekly basis.
- Scenario planning, enhancing the understanding downside risks and upside opportunities for suppliers.
- War room support, enabling suppliers and Plante Moran consultants to identify potential weak links and develop proactive mitigation strategies.
- Operational readiness, equipping suppliers to manage day-to-day operational issues while planning for rapid fluctuation and risks in customer demand and across the supply chain.
“Over the last few decades, the AFS team developed a forecast and business intelligence methodology focused on helping automotive stakeholders be more proactive,” says Joe McCabe, president of AutoForecast Solutions. “This means combining accurate data and analysis with world class support. Since Plante Moran also subscribes to this same customer-centric approach, the combination of our two organizations creates a unique offering for the industry. Concierge-level support and the economies of scale from this alliance provide subscribers with the right information and tools to enhance their market competitiveness.”