The GMC brand of Detroit’s General Motors Co. is expanding what it calls its “supertruck lineup” with the addition of the 2024 Hummer EV SUV, which includes new technology such as trail mapping and a Power Station generator.
“GMC’s Hummer EV SUV offers an exceptional balance of on-road performance and off-road capability, enhanced by a unique structure that allows for our signature open-air experience,” says Al Oppenheiser, chief engineer for Hummer EV. “New features debuting on the SUV reinforce its role as a tactical tool in almost any situation.”
Trail mapping is available through the redesigned myGMC app. Tailored for Hummer EV drivers, it helps plan and navigate off-road driving and incorporates charging locations and their distances from off-road locations. It also provides real-time energy consumption with community-based energy forecast. Routes and plans can be downloaded from the app on the driver’s phone and projected on the vehicle’s infotainment screen for at-a-glance navigation while driving.
The available Power Station generator enables customers to utilize up to 3 kilowatts of power from the vehicle, turning the Hummer EV SUV into a power source on the trail or a backup generator. With enhanced vehicle hardware, the Hummer EV SUV can jump charge another electric vehicle at 240v/25A/6kW and power a variety of equipment and accessories at 120v/25A/3kW, according to GM.
Hummer EV’s interdependent body/battery structure enables the Infinity Roof on the EV pickup as well as the SUV, and helps make the new SUV more maneuverable. It also enables the vehicle’s signature features such as available CrabWalk, available Extract Mode, and more.
Additional highlights include:
- An available three-motor Ultium Drive system that delivers up to 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 lb.-ft. of torque — enough power for 0-60-mph sprints in approximately 3.5 seconds with available Watts To Freedom (based on GM estimates).
- Customization via buttons on the center stack, and nearly 200 available accessories.
- 9-inch less wheelbase than the Hummer EV Pickup, giving it greater departure and breakover angles, and a turning circle of 35.4 feet with 4 Wheel Steer.
- Customizable user experience features and an open-air driving experience, with the standard Infinity Roof with removable Sky Panels and I-Bar.
- 4-inch diagonal infotainment screen and 12.3-inch diagonal driver information center display.
- In-vehicle Energy App that monitors energy use, sets up charging schedules, battery temperature conditioning, and more.
- Digital Key allows owners to use their smartphone as the key fob for their Hummer EV. The technology detects the owner’s phone and its location in proximity to the vehicle, enabling a number of passive operations such as approach lighting, entry unlock, and vehicle operation.
- HD Surround Vision with up to 14 camera views and available UltraVision offers up to 17 camera views with underbody cameras (included with available Extreme Off-Road Package).
- Off-Road Widgets offer a myriad of information related to the Hummer EV’s selectable capabilities and performance readouts in off-road driving scenarios — everything from the ride height and eLocker engagement to compass headings, pitch/roll status, and more.
- The enhanced version of Super Cruise, an available driver-assistance technology offering hands-free driving on more than 200,000 miles of enabled roads. It includes a new automatic lane changing feature, where the system can determine when a lane change is optimal and initiate the maneuver, while following signaling protocols.
The Hummer EV SUV will launch with the exclusive Edition 1 package, offered in Moonshot Green Matte, available with or without the Extreme Off-Road Package, for greater customer choice in tailoring the vehicle for maximum driving efficiency or maximum off-road capability.
More information and reservation details are available at here.