DETROIT (May 15, 2009) – The National Summit today posted a preliminary agenda of panel discussion topics and speakers at NationalSummit.org for the gathering scheduled for June 15-17 in Detroit.
“The Town Hall discussions at The National Summit will create a ‘To Do’ list for America to move our country forward in Technology, Energy, the Environment and Manufacturing,” said Beth Chappell, President and CEO of the Detroit Economic Club. “We are pleased to share this information so that everyone will understand how these conversations will be structured and registered participants can sign up for the sessions they want to attend.”
The National Summit will bring the country’s leaders together at the Marriott Renaissance Center to discuss and advance a national economic agenda. It will feature a total of 16 Town Hall discussions as well as general audience sessions and “Summit Up” briefings that will summarize Town Hall results. Town Hall participants will use an Audience Response System that will tabulate voting results for report out. Foremost among the specific measurable outcomes of The National Summit will be a list of the actions required to make America competitive and prosperous in the future.
Town Halls will include such topics as “The Business of Clean Technology Innovation,” “Competitiveness in Manufacturing,” “Globalization and Trade,” “Innovation & Talent Management” and “Sustainable Business Solutions.” A detailed schedule is available at http://www.nationalsummit.org/agenda-day1. Four professional services firms will serve as Knowledge Partners to help coordinate the discussions – Ernst & Young for Technology; PricewaterhouseCoopers for Energy; McKinsey & Company for Environment; and Deloitte for Manufacturing. Participants also will be able to engage in online discussions on The National Summit eCommunity, a private web portal.
William Clay Ford, Jr., Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company and Andrew Liveris, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Dow Chemical Company, will co-chair
The National Summit. Currently, more than 60 leaders, from both the public and private sectors, have agreed to address a general session or take part in Town Hall panel discussions at The National Summit. The Speakers who have been publicly announced are:
– Richard H. Anderson; CEO, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
– Steven A. Ballmer; CEO, Microsoft Corp.
– Eva Chen; Co-founder & CEO, Trend Micro, Inc.
– Dr. Mary Sue Coleman; President, University of Michigan
– Richard E. Dauch; Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO, AAM
– D. Scott Davis; Chairman & CEO, United Parcel Service, Inc.
– Samuel A. DiPiazza, Jr.; CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers International Ltd.
– Thomas J. Donohue; President & CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
– Anthony F. Earley, Jr.; Chairman & CEO, DTE Energy Co.
– The Honorable John M. Engler; President, National Association of Manufacturers
– Matthew W. Ferguson; President & CEO, CareerBuilder.com
– Marvin S. Fertel; President & CEO, Nuclear Energy Institute Ltd.
– William Clay Ford, Jr.; Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Co.
– J. Erik Frywald; Chairman, President & CEO, Nalco Co.
– Christopher J. Kearney; Chairman, President & CEO, SPX Corp.
– Martin M. Koffel; President & CEO, URS Corp.
– Timothy D. Leuliette; Chairman, President & CEO, DURA Automotive Systems, Inc.
– Andrew N. Liveris; Chairman & CEO, The Dow Chemical Co.
– Timothy M. Manganello; Chairman & CEO, BorgWarner Inc.
– Peter J. Marks; Chairman, President & CEO, Robert Bosch LLC
– Michael B. McCallister; President & CEO, Humana Inc.
– Charles G. McClure; Chairman, CEO & President, ArvinMeritor, Inc.
– Harold W. McGraw III; Chairman, President & CEO, The McGraw-Hill Cos.
– Alan R. Mulally; President & CEO, Ford Motor Co.
– James J. Mulva; Chairman & CEO, ConocoPhillips Co.
– Robert L. Nardelli; Chairman and CEO, Chrysler LLC; Board of Managers, Chrysler LLC
– James B. Nicholson; President & CEO, PVS Chemicals, Inc.
– Dr. Jay Noren; President, Wayne State University
– Keith D. Nosbusch; Chairman & CEO, Rockwell Automation, Inc.
– Steve Odland; Chairman & CEO, Office Depot, Inc.
– W. Douglas Parker; Chairman & CEO, US Airways Group, Inc.
– James H. Quigley; Global CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
– Matthew K. Rose; Chairman, President & CEO, BNSF Railway Co.
– John W. Rowe; Chairman & CEO, Exelon Corp.
– Tom Schmitt; President of Global Supply Services, Senior Vice President & CEO, FedEx Solutions
– Dr. Alan Shaw; President & CEO, Codexis, Inc.
– Dr. Lou Anna K. Simon; President, Michigan State University
– David P. Steiner; CEO, Waste Management, Inc.
– Dr. Anthony R. Tersigni; President & CEO, Ascension Health
– James S. Turley; Chairman & CEO, Ernst & Young LLP
– Timothy Wadhams; President & CEO, Masco Corp.
– Donald J. Walker; Co-CEO, Magna International Inc.
– Joseph L. Welch; Chairman, President & CEO, ITC Holdings Corp.
– Ronald A. Williams; Chairman & CEO, Aetna Inc.
– Deborah L. Wince-Smith; President, The Council on Competitiveness
For more information on The National Summit, please visit NationalSummit.org.
For more information on the DetroitEconomic Club, please visit EconClub.org.