ANN ARBOR – SEMPO recently launched SEMPO Michigan, to be led by co-chairs Linda Girard and Eric Wortman of Ann Arbor-based Pure Visibility. SEMPO is the largest nonprofit trade organization in the world serving the search, social and digital marketing industry and marketing professionals engaged in it.
The mission of SEMPO Michigan is to bring together talented search and social marketers and other professionals from across the state to share ideas, experiences, and grow as digital marketers. SEMPO Michigan will provide events, educational opportunities and networking to connect professionals and businesses.
“The Michigan chapter of SEMPO makes available resources and opportunities for industry professionals that previously didn’t exist in the region,” said Girard, Pure Visibility co-founder. “Michigan has a rich history of marketing and entrepreneurship and we’re working to make it a leader in the industry.”
The founding committee will decide the direction of SEMPO Michigan. The committee will meet monthly to plan SEMPO Michigan’s quarterly events, the first of which is scheduled for May. The committee, co-chaired Pure Visibility’s Girard and Wortman, includes:
- Kristine Adams, marketing and social media strategist, Eastern Michigan University
- Evelyn Chou, marketing communications manager, Electro-Matic Products
- Mike Consiglio, click master, Biznet Internet Solutions
- Dan Corrigan, senior digital strategist, Team Detroit
- Scott DeRoche, SEO analyst, Pure Visibility
- Harmony Faust, strategic integrated marketing communications manager, Learning Care Group
- Whitney Ferdon, user behavior analyst, Pure Visibility
- Bud Gibson, professor, Eastern Michigan University
- Andrew Grohowski, project manager, Pure Visibility
- Jeremy Lopatin, lead SEO analyst, Pure Visibility
- Bobby Mercader, metric specialist, Ignite Social Media
- Mirisa Roy, marketing coordinator and online marketing specialist, NSF International
- Bill Smith, analytics production manager, MRM Worldwide
- Martin Smith, social marketing strategist, A-Side Worldwide
- Angelina Vergari, search marketing analyst, The Whole Brain Group
- Chad Wiebesick, director of social media and interactive marketing, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Nick Zaher, marketing manager, A-Side Worldwide
For more about SEMPO and the Michigan chapter, including events and membership information, visit www.sempo.org.