The ninth annual Open City, a series of forums for aspiring and established small business owners in Detroit, will start Oct. 19, and focus on topics such as customer service, commercial real estate, and equity crowd funding.
Open City events are free and take place at Cliff Bell’s, 2030 Park Ave. This year’s full schedule of topics include:
- Oct. 19 – “10 Years of Change with Model D,” An Open City Retrospective
- Nov. 16 – “Thank You, Come Again,” Why Good Customer Service Matters
- Jan. 18 – “Build Your Dream Team,” Tips to Diversify the Workplace
- Feb. 15 – “Location, Location, Location,” The Deal with Commercial Real Estate
- March 21 – “Show Me the Money,” Creative Funding for Small Business
- April 18 – “The Next Level Leap,” “When to Quit Your Day Job, Open up Shop, and More
Open City was started in 2007 by two female small business owners. In 2012, it was passed on to D:hive, and is now put on by Build Institute, an organization that formed out of D:hive’s Build class and other small business initiatives.
For more information, visit buildinstitute.org/program/open-city/.