DETROIT — Rockin’ on the Riverfront will return this summer to celebrate a decade of classic rock on the Detroit riverfront. Kicking off on July 10, the annual concert series will welcome rockers of all ages to the riverfront plaza, between the GM Renaissance Center and Detroit River, for six consecutive Friday evenings of music from 8-10 p.m.
This year’s rock star lineup to strike a chord in the D, includes:
- July 10: The Doobie Brothers invite you to Listen to the Music for a feel good evening on the Detroit River.
- July 17: .38 Special will be Rockin’ into the Night with the Motor City.
- July 24: Dennis DeYoung of Styx will invite rockers to Come Sail Away.
- July 31: Burton Cummings of The Guess Who will serenade Detroiters with hits like These Eyes and Stand Tall.
- Aug.7: Credence Clearwater Revisited will be rollin’ on the river to Proud Mary.
- Aug. 14: Kansas will Carry on the rockin’ with the Motor City’s Wayward Sons.
“This is a milestone year for Rockin’ on the Riverfront,” said Claudia Killeen, General Motors Renaissance Center Development manager. “As we look to celebrate our 10th anniversary, we’re thrilled to announce the highly anticipated lineup for this summer.”
For updates and information, visit facebook.com/RockinontheRiverfront and facebook.com/GMRenCen or gmrencen.com.