DETROIT — The PwC Grand Prixmiere, presented by Chevrolet, is planning a benefit for the Belle Isle Park on May 30.
A Night in the Fast Lane, set for 6:30 – 11 p.m., will benefit the Belle Isle Conservancy on the eve of the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix weekend. Supporting Michigan’s newest state park, the event is hosted by Mark and Kim Reuss. Mark Reuss is executive vice president of Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain at General Motors. The evening is also made possible with Champion support by Penske Corp.
Joining PwC, Chevrolet and Penske in sponsoring the Grand Prixmiere are the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix, FirstMerit Bank, Strategic Staffing Solutions, Detroit Jazz Festival, UAW-GM Center for Human Resources, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Crain Communications, Firestone, Franco Public Relations Group, Gerych’s and Lear Corp.
Guests will begin the evening by driving the actual Grand Prix race track to the Grand Prixmiere’s spectacular setting overlooking the iconic Scott Fountain to enjoy:
- A strolling cocktail reception with world-class Grand Prix race drivers
- A seated dinner by Andiamo
- An entertaining program emceed by News/Talk 760 WJR-AM’s Paul W. Smith
- A live auction of unique experiences donated by Chevrolet
- A live performance by nationally acclaimed country artist Josh Kelley
Auctioneers will guide guests in bidding big for the Belle Isle Conservancy on three exceptional packages:
- Country Music Awards – the highest bidder will experience the biggest night in country music at the 2014 Country Music Awards (CMA) in Nashville. The exclusive package includes airfare, luxury accommodations, and VIP tickets for four to the star-studded CMA live telecast.
- Spring Mountain Racing Experience – the winning bidder will learn the art of high-performance driving in a new Corvette Stingray with coaching from legendary Corvette racing champion, Ron Fellows, at the Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club near Las Vegas. The package for four includes airfare, luxury accommodations, fine dining and show tickets.
- Dinner for 6 couples with Helio – the highest bidder will join three-time Indy 500 winner and Dancing with the Stars champion, Helio Castroneves, Kim and Mark Reuss and Melissa and Bud Denker for dinner among priceless vehicles at the General Motors Heritage Center. The evening will feature a gourmet menu and paired wine.
Capping the evening will be a live concert by Josh Kelley, an acclaimed singer-songwriter who has spent the majority of the past decade defying musical genres with his approachable and appealing sound. He is best known for his Top 5 hit “Amazing,” along with songs “Georgia Clay,” “Almost Honest” and “Only You,” which have topped the country, adult contemporary and pop charts.
Due to unprecedented early support of the 2014 Grand Prixmiere seats – at $500 per person – are extremely limited. To join the Grand Prixmiere waiting list, call 313-331-7760.