DETROIT— Protean Electric, a global leader in in-wheel electric drive, on Tuesday announced it has formed relationships with several leading companies in the global auto industry to accelerate its in-wheel electric drive systems to market in high-volume production.
Protean Electric Chairman and CEO Bob Purcell made the announcement at a press conference at the Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress, the auto industry’s premiere conference for vehicle OEMs and suppliers. The suppliers and partners are: FEV, AB Mikroelektronik GmbH, Alcon, ATS Automation Tooling Systems, MAHLE Powertrain and Trelleborg Sealing Solutions.
- FEV, based in Aachen, Germany and Auburn Hills, brings automotive engineering development and services expertise
- AB Mikroelektronik GmbH (TT Electronics Group) focuses on developing and manufacturing top-quality customer-specific electronic modules for high temperature and power in automotive, medical and industrial applications
- Alcon specializes in brake design with automotive and racing-level durability and has award winning roots in Indycar, GrandAm and NASCAR racing
- ATS (Automation Tooling Systems Inc.) is a global manufacturing process and equipment manufacturer with unique expertise in bringing automotive innovations to volume production
- MAHLE Powertrain is an engineering service provider to the global automotive industry and is part of the MAHLE Group. Its parent company, MAHLE GmbH, is one of the 30 largest companies in the automotive supply chain worldwide.
- Trelleborg Sealing Solutions brings core competencies and a global reach in seal design and sealing solutions
“We are very pleased to announce strategic partnerships with some of the best automotive expertise in the world,” Purcell said. “We are leading the industry in in-wheel electric drive systems, and we have partnered with unsurpassed global automotive expertise to make sure our solutions are reliable, durable, and can be brought to market cost effectively.”