WEST BLOOMFIELD — The Building Industry Association of Southeastern Michigan announced the winners in its 23rd annual Parade of Homes architectural judging.
Parade of Homes is an exhibition of 34 new model, under construction and pre-construction homes and condominiums located throughout southeastern Michigan. The showcase takes place though the end of June.
This year’s architectural judging, blue ribbons were awarded to the model homes in six categories. Winning homes were selected based on the following criteria: best value for the price, best use of space, most innovative design and aesthetic appeal. Before being judged in these categories, participating homes were divided into categories by price.
The blue ribbon homes are:
• Homes Base Priced Under $200,000 – Steuer & Associates for Columbia
• Homes Base Priced Over $200,000 to $250,000 – Windmill Homes for Bayview II
• Homes Base Priced Over $250,000 to $300,000- Silverado Custom Homes for Northport 2
• Homes Base Priced Over $300,000 to $350,000 – Robertson Brothers for Wesford
• Homes Base Priced Over $350,000 to $600,000 – Arteva Homes for 2011 Idea Show House
• Homes Base Priced Over $600,000 – Moceri Companies for St. James.
A panel of local architects and industry experts judged the homes. Participating judges were Lonny S. Zimmerman, AIA, NCARB of Siegal/Tuomaala Associates; Benedetto Tiseo, FAIA, NCARB of Tiseo Architects, Inc.; Michael J. Gordon, RA of Moiseev/Gordon Associates and Paul Salloum, Regional Sales Manager of Bank of America Home Loans.
The Parade of Homes models are located throughout southeastern Michigan and can be viewed via open house tours, or online at www.biaparadeofhomes.com beginning June 1.
For more information on the Parade of Homes call (248) 862-1016.