DETROIT — The Parade Co. announced today an incredible celebrity line-up to appear in the 88th America’s Thanksgiving Parade presented by Art Van Furniture.
On Nov. 27, this year’s parade Grand Marshals Olympic Gold Medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White will lead the iconic parade down Woodward Avenue and be joined by stars Big Sean, Vanilla Ice, Nicole Curtis, Hilary Farr and more.
“Every year celebrities travel from across the nation to take part in our beloved tradition of America’s Thanksgiving Parade presented by Art Van,” said Tony Michaels, president & CEO, The Parade Co.. “We are proud to welcome an amazing group of individuals and look forward to celebrating with them on Woodward Avenue Thanksgiving morning.”
Parade goers will enjoy an up close look at performers, musicians and stars including:
- Big Sean – Award-winning and Grammy-nominated rapper, singer and songwriter. He is a BET Award and Billboard Music Award winner with over 10 million records sold. A Detroit native, Sean continues to give back to his hometown community and those in need through his non-profit, the Sean Anderson Foundation.
- Nicole Curtis – Host of HGTV’s Rehab Addict; Michigan native
- Vanilla Ice – American Rapper; Actor; Host of Vanilla Ice Project on DIY Network
- Hilary Farr – International home designer; Co-Host of HGTV’s Love It or List It
- Olivia Millerschin – Singer, songwriter and Quarter Finalist on NBC’s America’s Got Talent
- KT Maviglia – 2014 Miss Michigan
- Santa Claus – Santa’s grand arrival in his hand-crafted sleigh is at the end of America’s Thanksgiving Parade
The parade will step off at 8:50 a.m. at the corner of Woodward Avenue and Kirby, adjacent to the Detroit Institute of Arts in Midtown, and end at Congress just south of Campus Martius Park in downtown Detroit. This year’s theme is “Walking on Sunshine.”
The two-hour Parade will be featured on WDIV-TV Local 4, including a one-hour national broadcast reaching more than 140 major cities across the country. News/Talk 760 WJR will also broadcast live from the parade route.
The parade is free to the public. A limited amount of grandstand tickets are now available for purchase starting at $40. For more information, visit theparade.org and follow The Parade Co. on Facebook and Twitter.