AUBURN HILLS — The Auburn Hills Chamber of Commerce announced the nominees for its annual Silver and Gold Awards Holiday Brunch. This awards program honors business leaders, and recognizes volunteers and supporters of the Chamber.
The event — which will be held at Great Oaks Country Club in Rochester on Friday — features 11 Silver Awards recognizing companies with “sterling qualities.” These awards are sponsored by an area business, and the Chamber’s nominating committee chooses the recipients. The Silver Awards and nominees include:
- BCBS Healthy Business Award: Rewards the company with the most or most innovative “healthy employee/healthy business” programs. Nominees include: Oakland University Credit Union, Reliance One Inc. and Beaumont Health System.
- DBusiness Emerging Leader Award: Rewards the person who stands out as a leader among peers 35 and younger. Nominees include: Matt Kramer, Commercial Contracting Corp., Razzaaq McConner, Chrysler Group LLC and Katie Ackert, Reliance One Inc.
- Crittenton Hospital Community Builder Award: Rewards the company who is going above and beyond the help and invest in the community. Nominees include: North Oakland Family YMCA, Broner Glove & Safety and Faurecia North America.
- Baker College Education Advocate: Rewards the company who has the most or most interesting educational initiatives. Nominees include: Plante Moran, DASI Solutions and Oakland County Michigan Works!
- Faurecia Diversity Pacesetter Award: Rewards the company notably focused on diversifying its supplier base. Nominees include: Takata Corp., Chrysler Group LLC and Hirotec America Inc.
- BorgWarner Passion for Excellence Award: Rewards the company with recognition for a commitment for excellence. Nominees include: Oakland Youth Orchestras, Umicore Autocat USA Inc. and Meadow Brook Theatre.
- City of Auburn Hills Business Success Story: Rewards a local business success story. Nominees include: Basil Bacall, Truss Hospitality Development & Management, Robert Pilat, Orion Test Systems & Automation and Fieldstone A & E LLC.
- E7 Solutions Continuous Improvement Rockstar Award: Rewards the company most committed to continuous improvement. Nominees include: Beaumont Health System, Palace Sports & Entertainment and Hirotec America Inc.
- Oakland University/ OU INC. Innovator of the Year Award: Rewards the business with a notable innovation story. Nominees include. Dr. John LaMacchia, Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland and Munetrix.
- Palace of Auburn Hills Game Changer Award: Rewards the person or business changing the way business is done, or making a significant contribution. Nominees include: HIVE Foundation, Autism Alliance of Michigan and Neighborhood House.
- Central Michigan University Engineering Trailblazer: Rewards the individual with recognized creativity, management and success in the field of engineering. Nominees include: Colin Hamer, Delphi Automotive and Ryan Rasmussen, Fieldstone A & E LLC.
The Auburn Hills Chamber chooses the Gold Awards for members meeting the “gold standard” of volunteering, outstanding service to the community, and support of the Chamber. Cornerstone Community Financial, Consumers Energy, and MSU Federal Credit Union-OU Branch are each sponsoring an award.
For information on how to get tickets for the Silver and Gold Awards Brunch, call 248-853-7862 or visit auburnhillschamber.com.