DETROIT — New Detroit, the nonprofit race relations coalition, elected two new officers and eight new board members at its annual meeting. New officers include: Cheryl P. Johnson, CEO of Coalition on Temporary Shelter as vice chair; and Kevin Prokop, partner of Rockbridge Growth Equity as vice chair.
Additionally, several officers were re-elected: William S. Taubman, chief operating officer of Taubman Centers as chairman; Hassan Jaber, executive director of ACCESS as secretary/treasurer; and Shirley R. Stancato, New Detroit’s president and CEO.
“The blend of experience, expertise and passion the new officers and members bring to the board will be important as we pursue our mission of addressing issues related to race relations in the region,” said Shirley Stancato, New Detroit’s president and CEO.
The eight new board members include:
- Antoine Garibaldi, Ph.D., president, University of Detroit Mercy
- Ken Harris, president and CEO, Michigan Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sylvia Morin, senior vice president and regional business manager, Charter One/RBS Citizens
- Blair Person, president and CEO, Lewis & Munday
- Eric E. Peterson, vice president, General Motors Company
- Todd Sachse, president, Sachse Construction Company
- Prasanna Vengadam, founder & president, South Asian American Voices for Impact
- Randal E. Williams, regional vice president, AAA of Michigan