The Michigan Women’s Foundation will host a Dolphin Tank event, a gentler version of the Shark Tank show, on Thursday at Emagine Royal Oak.
Six female entrepreneur finalists from the foundations’ 2015 Entrepreneur-You competition will participate in the event, and have the chance to practice business pitch presentations and receive feedback from a panel of business leaders. The participants will also be able to ask the panelists and audience for help with connections, expertise, or other services needed for growing their business.
The six finalists include:
- Gretchen Geist of Memloom, a digital storytelling platform that connects brands with customers for higher online engagement.
- Nikki Mattison of Madison Boutique, an online, storefront and fashion truck boutique.
- Jess Sanchez McClary of McClary Bros., a line of all-natural drinking vinegar.
- Justine Sheu of Pro:Up, an online marketplace that connects high school youth to educational and career development opportunities.
- Dusty Welsh of Detroit Wish, an organization that connects large corporate brands with local nonprofits.
- Maria Young of University Pharmacy, an independently owned and operated pharmacy.
The Dolphin Tank event is one of two practice pitch events scheduled in preparation for the foundation’s annual Entrepreneur YOU Business Plan and Pitch Competitions, which take place in October. The second Dolphin Take event will take place Sept. 25 in Grand Rapids.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit miwf.org/events1/women-entrepreneurship-initiative.