DETROIT — M-1 Rail will host six community update meetings for business stakeholders and residents throughout the Woodward Corridor starting at the end of January and continuing through mid-February.
“We’ll be meeting with residents and business owners to share details of our 2015 construction schedule and make sure that they know what to expect once work ramps back up after the thaw,” says Sommer Woods, M-1 Rail director of external relations.
The meetings will provide attendees with information about construction activities and detours, along with other information pertinent to continued track construction. The scheduled update meetings are listed below, with doors opening 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- Midtown Edition: 6 – 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 29 at the Garden Theater, 3929 Woodward Avenue
- Midtown Edition: 8 – 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 3 at the Majestic Café, 4120 Woodward Avenue
- North End/New Center Edition: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Feb. 7 at the United Methodist Church, 8000 Woodward Avenue
- Downtown Edition: 6 – 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 12 at the M-1 Rail Office, 1426 Woodward Avenue
- North End/New Center Edition: 6 – 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 17 at the United Methodist Church, 8000 Woodward Avenue
“This will be an extremely busy year for this project, and a lot of construction activities will take place throughout the entire corridor,” Woods says. “These meetings are being held to ensure that people are prepared and aware, and that they can reach out to us with any questions or concerns.”
To learn more about upcoming meetings and construction activities, visit M-1RAIL.com or call 800-511-3931.