DETROIT — Representatives of M-1 RAIL have released the full construction schedule of activities related to the streetcar’s construction through 2016.
“Since announcing our construction start date, we have held several meetings with stakeholders who live, work, and visit Woodward Avenue to set expectations about construction activities,” said Paul Childs, COO, M-1 RAIL. “Our goal is to ensure construction activities are completed safely and expeditiously with as little disruption as possible to businesses, residents, and visitors.”
M-1 RAIL construction activities beginning July 28 between Adams and Campus Martius include:
- On the evening of Sunday, July 27 detour signage will be installed on the northbound and southbound lanes of Woodward Avenue from Adams Street south to Campus Martius.
- Woodward Avenue will be closed starting 12:00 a.m. on Monday, July 28. The north and south closure will remain in effect for approximately 120 days.
- Construction work will generally occur between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
- Construction in this area will include: concrete removal, drainage and track installation, repaving, and utility relocation.
- Sidewalks along the work zone will remain open.
M-1 RAIL external relations team members will distribute “Streetcar Construction Overview” documents detailing construction overview which includes a map, construction timeline, and public transportation, parking, pedestrian, and bicycle access information during regular project update meetings with business and the community stakeholders. The information is also available at M-1RAIL.com/Construction
Other tools that will be used to share information about the construction schedule include an interactive construction map on the M-1 RAIL website and a weekly e-newsletter; both will be available the week of July 21.