BLOOMFIELD HILLS — The Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Bloomfield Hills, the only Michigan franchise, received seven awards from the national franchise for enrollment and 2014.
Among the awards:
- Platinum Award in lesson enrollment for a female instructor – Lada Reschikova-Mountain
- Silver Award in lesson enrollment for a male instructor – Marwan Attar
- Platinum Award in lesson enrollment to Donald Westphal
- Regional Rookie of the Year award to Attar (for the Megadance region of the Fred Astaire franchise company; this is the largest of all the studio regions)
- Top Cash Studio of the Year in Group Two (based on the previous year’s total enrollment)
- Top Lesson Sales for the Year in Group Two (based on the previous year’s total enrollment)
- Top Social Foundation Department (Social Foundation represents the intermediate level of ballroom dancing and the Michigan franchise enrolled more than any other studio)
“I’m very proud of my incredible ballroom dance instructors and our studio,” says Evan Mountain, who co-own the studio with his wife, Lada Reschikova-Mountain. “The (awards) show that our Detroit area dance studio can stand up and excel against other Fred Astaire Studios across the country.”
Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Bloomfield Hills is the largest ballroom dance studio in the state of Michigan. Opened in 2005 by the Mountains, the studio is part of a nationwide franchise that requires daily training for its teachers, who teach dance full-time.