DETROIT, Mich., May 4, 2009 – In addition to interactive discussions with our nation’s top leaders, The National Summit will feature Innovation Expo, a technology showcase and best practices workshop that will explore and advance American innovation. The Innovation Expo will operate during all three days of The National Summit, which is being held June 15-17 at the Marriott Renaissance Center in Detroit.
“The Innovation Expo will display breakthrough ideas and new technologies, and also help develop and implement them,” said Beth Chappell, President and CEO of the Detroit Economic Club (DEC). “In addition to space to for exhibits, it will feature lectures and workshops to promote best practices and accelerate the pace at which innovation is implemented.”
The Innovation Expo will give organizations and individuals the opportunity to showcase innovative ideas, projects and technologies. Participants in The National Summit will be encouraged to spend their time between Town Hall sessions at the Innovation Expo.
Along with an area for exhibits, the Innovation Expo will feature expert-led workshops, online training tools, and one-on-one mentor sessions to assist individuals and organizations in adopting practices that maximize innovation. It also will provide directed activities and support tools to help participants connect with, collaborate on and further develop the breakthroughs presented at the Innovation Expo. The Henry Ford, which preserves and promotes America’s traditions of ingenuity, resourcefulness and innovation, is partnering with The National Summit in this important effort.
The National Summit will bring the country’s business leaders together with government officials and academic experts to discuss and advance a national economic agenda. William Clay Ford Jr., Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company and Andrew N. Liveris, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Dow Chemical Company, will co-chair The National Summit.
Currently, 57 Speakers, from both the public and private sectors have agreed to
address and take part in panel discussions at The National Summit. They include:
– Richard H. Anderson; CEO, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
– Steven A. Ballmer; CEO, Microsoft Corp.
– Eva Chen; Co-founder & CEO, Trend Micro, Inc.
– Dr. Mary Sue Coleman; President, University of Michigan
– Thomas P. d’Aquino; CEO, Canadian Council of Executives
– Richard E. Dauch; Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO, American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.
– D. Scott Davis; Chairman & CEO, United Parcel Service, Inc.
– Emily Stover DeRocco; President, The Manufacturing Institute
– Samuel A. DiPiazza, Jr.; CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers International Ltd.
– Thomas J. Donohue; President & CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
– Esther Dyson; Chairman, EDventure Holdings Inc.
– Anthony F. Earley, Jr.; Chairman & CEO, DTE Energy Co.
– The Honorable John M. Engler; President, National Association of Manufacturers
– Matthew W. Ferguson; President & CEO, Careerbuilder.com
– Marvin S. Fertel; President & CEO, Nuclear Energy Institute Ltd.
– Timothy P. Flynn; Chairman, KPMG International
– William Clay Ford, Jr.; Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Co.
– J. Erik Frywald; Chairman, President & CEO, Nalco Co.
– Anders Gustafsson; CEO, Zebra Technologies Corp.
– Christopher J. Kearney; Chairman, President & CEO, SPX Corp.
– Martin M. Koffel; President & CEO, URS Corp.
– Marc B. Lautenbach; General Manager of Americas, IBM Corp.
– Timothy D. Leuliette; Chairman, President & CEO, Dura Automotive Systems, Inc.
– Andrew N. Liveris; Chairman & CEO, The Dow Chemical Co.
– Timothy M. Manganello; Chairman & CEO, BorgWarner Inc.
– Peter J. Marks; Chairman, President & CEO, Robert Bosch LLC
– Michael B. McCallister; President & CEO, Humana, Inc.
– Charles G. McClure; Chairman, CEO & President, ArvinMeritor, Inc.
– Harold W. McGraw III; Chairman, President & CEO, The McGraw-Hill Cos.
– Alan R. Mulally; President & CEO, Ford Motor Co.
– James J. Mulva; Chairman & CEO, ConocoPhillips Co.
– Dr. Jayson Myers; President, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
– Robert L. Nardelli; Chairman and CEO, Chrysler LLC; Board of Managers, Chrysler LLC
– James B. Nicholson; President & CEO, PVS Chemicals, Inc.
– Dr. Jay Noren; President, Wayne State University
– Keith D. Nosbusch; Chairman & CEO, Rockwell Automation, Inc.
– Steve Odland; Chairman & CEO, Office Depot, Inc.
– Vikram S. Pandit; CEO, CitiGroup Inc.
– W. Douglas Parker; Chairman & CEO, US Airways Group, Inc.
– James H. Quigley; Global CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
– Robert Reiss; Host, The CEO Show
– Matthew K. Rose; Chairman, President & CEO, BNSF Railway Co.
– John W. Rowe; Chairman & CEO, Exelon Corp.
– Tom Schmitt; President of Global Supply Services, Senior Vice President & CEO, FedEx
– Dr. Lou Anna K. Simon; President, Michigan State University
– Dr. Alan Shaw; President & CEO, Codexis, Inc.
– David P. Steiner; CEO, Waste Management, Inc.
– Dr. Anthony R. Tersigni; President & CEO, Ascension Health
– Michael H. Thaman; Chairman, President & CEO, Owens Corning
– James S. Turley; Chairman & CEO, Ernst & Young LLP
– Timothy Wadhams; President & CEO, Masco Corp.
– Donald J. Walker; Co-CEO, Magna International Inc.
– Joseph L. Welch; Chairman, President & CEO, ITC Holdings Corp.
– Ronald A. Williams; Chairman & CEO, Aetna Inc.
– Deborah L. Wince-Smith; President, The Council on Competitiveness
– Dr. William Winkenwerder, Jr.; Chairman, The Winkenwerder Co. LLC
– Robert Youngjohns; President of North American Sales & Marketing; Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Corp.
For more information on The National Summit, please visit NationalSummit.org. For more information on the Detroit Economic Club, please visit Econclub.org.