DETROIT—The Parade Company is celebrating “An 86 Year Tradition” at this year’s annual America’s Thanksgiving Parade, one of the country’s oldest, largest and most celebrated parades. Hundreds of thousands of spectators will make their way to downtown Detroit on November 22 to enjoy the fun and magic of this year’s Parade and there is no better way to enjoy it and support The Parade Company, a non-profit organization and producers of this and other large events such as the Target Fireworks, than by purchasing a 2012 Grandstand ticket,which are now on sale.
Grandstand seats offer parade-goers a prime location in downtown Detroit, with the ability to see, live and up close, more than 60 units of your favorite floats, balloons, marching bands, specialty acts and celebrity guests. With up to 10,000 seats available, Grandstand tickets are easy to order and parade-goers can choose from six different options, including:
- Character Breakfast and Grandstand Seat – held at The Tiger Club inside Comerica Park, guests will get to have fun at this great family breakfast along with Clownie and a bunch of his character friends! Grandstand seats are near Foxtown and are priced at $50 each.
- Grandstand Seat with Breakfast – seating includes access to The Parade Company’s pre-Parade breakfast. Location is at the Hard Rock Café on Monroe Street. Grandstand seats are located in Grand Circus Park and Campus Martius area and are priced at $50 each.
- TV Zone Grandstand Seat – seating is located in the Merchants Row area where the Parade is broadcast live to millions. These tickets also include viewing of WDIV Local 4’s one hour pre-show. These tickets are priced at $45 each.
- Grandstand Seat (Campus Martius) – seating is located at Campus Martius and these tickets are priced at $40 each.
- Grandstand Seat (Foxtown & Grand Circus Park) – seating is located at Foxtown and Grand Circus Park and these tickets are priced at $35 each.
- Grandstand Seat (Step-Off) – seating is located at step-off (Mack and Woodward Avenue) and these tickets are priced at $30 each. This seating location includes the physically challenged viewing area and guests are instructed to call The Parade Company office to make arrangements.
Once again, people are encouraged to order tickets early as all seats are expected to sell out, and each ticket purchase includes a commemorative 2012 Parade Pin! Grandstand tickets are non-refundable and can be ordered at www.theparade.org and by calling 313.923.7400 or by filling out a paper order form in person at The Parade Company Studio located at 9500 Mt. Elliott, Studio A, Detroit 48211.
America’s Thanksgiving Parade will step-off at Woodward Avenue and Mack on November 22 at 9:20 a.m. and end at Woodward Avenue and Congress in downtown Detroit. The two-hour Parade will be featured on WDIV-TV Local 4 including a one-hour national broadcast in approximately 140 cities and markets nationwide. News/Talk 760 WJR will also broadcast live from the Parade. For more information on The Parade Company, visit www.theparade.org or call 313.923.7400, or email@example.com .