Celebrating a decade of classic rock on the Detroit riverfront, the General Motors Rockin’ on the Riverfront concert series is returning this summer. Beginning on July 10, the annual concert series is open to the public to enjoy a series of six Friday evenings of music from 8-10 p.m. In honor of the tenth anniversary, organizers have announced the addition of an encore performance featuring Eddie Money on Friday, Aug. 21.
This year’s complete lineup includes:
- July 10: The Doobie Brothers invite you to Listen to the Music for a feel good evening on the Detroit River.
- July 17: .38 Special will be Rockin’ into the Night with the Motor City.
- July 24: Dennis DeYoung of Styx will invite rockers to Come Sail Away.
- July 31: Burton Cummings of The Guess Who will serenade Detroiters with hits like These Eyes and Stand Tall.
- Aug.7: Credence Clearwater Revisited will be rollin’ on the river to Proud Mary.
- Aug. 14: Kansas will Carry on the rockin’ with the Motor City’s Wayward Sons.
- ENCORE Aug. 21: Eddie Money will take Two Tickets to Paradise and serenade the Motor City’s rockers.
Admission to the concerts is free and no tickets are necessary. Viewing space is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets, but outside food, beverages and coolers are not permitted. In addition, boaters on the Detroit River are welcome to anchor near the riverfront and enjoy the shows from the water.
Andiamo Detroit Riverfront will provide refreshments and food concessions at several locations across the plaza. Andiamo Detroit Riverfront and Joe Muer Seafoord will accept dinner reservations before and after the concert. Both restaurants offer outdoor patios overlooking the Detroit River and the General Motors Rockin’ on the Riverfront stage
Parking is available for $5 per vehicle, starting at 5 p.m. at the GM surface lot located at the intersection of St. Antoine and Atwater streets, adjacent to the GM Ren Cen.
Stay in tune with the latest updates and information on the 2015 General Motors Rockin’ on the Riverfront concert series by visiting www.facebook.com/RockinontheRiverfront, or follow the conversation on Twitter using #Rockin10.