NEW YORK — The 10th Annual American Business Awards yesterday announced Stevie Award winners, one being Ford Motor Co. that received two awards.
For the first time, The American Business Awards are being presented at two awards ceremonies. The first ceremony took place in New York City last night and honored winners in categories such as customer service, human resources, corporate communications, live events, publications, and selected categories for company/organization, management and marketing. Winners in all new product and technology-related categories will be announced at a new event in San Francisco on Monday, September 17.
The American Business Awards honors an all-inclusive spectrum of American business people and organizations — from non-profits, emerging start-ups, major public companies and government agencies, to corner-office executives, corporate communicators, support staff and customer service teams.
With more than 500 executives in attendance, last night’s awards banquet took place at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, with Fox Business Network anchor Cheryl Casone as the emcee. Also for the first time at the ABAs, Stevie Awards were conferred in three levels of distinction: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Previously, only overall category winners received Gold Stevie Awards.
Notable Gold Stevie Award Winners announced last night include:
- Best Association Event or Meeting: NASCAR
- Best New Company of the Year: Corkcicle
- Communications or PR Campaign of the Year – Low Budget: Verizon Wireless
- Company of the Year – Automotive: Ford Motor Co.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year: Pioneer Financial Services
- Customer Service Team of the Year: Stamps.com
- Executive of the Year – Hospitality & Leisure: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., Co-CEOs Steve Ells and Montgomery Moran
- Fastest Growing Company of the Year: Dealer.com
- Maverick of the Year: Peter Aquino, President and CEO of PTGi
- Online Marketing Campaign of the Year: InterContinental Hotels Group
- Support Team of the Year: Blackboard Incorporated
MWW Group won four Gold Stevie Awards, more than any other organization last night, followed closely by Crispin Porter + Bogusky & Digitas, with three.
Winners of two Gold Stevie Awards are Achievers, BevMo!, Ford Motor Company, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, LifeLock, Makovsky + Company, MediaCom, National Association of Realtors, North American Power, Northwestern Mutual, Nutricap Labs, Overstock.com, Quality Systems, Inc., Resonate Pictures, Slack and Company, Staff Management, SynCardia Systems, Inc., Vertical Response, and Vivint.
For a complete list of The 2012 American Business Awards honorees announced last night visit www.StevieAwards.com/ABA.