Bloomfield Hills, MI – March 24, 2010 – The Detroit chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW Detroit) announces a call for entries for its 9th annual IMPACT Awards, honoring commercial properties with a positive impact on Southeast Michigan.
The IMPACT Awards, considered to be among the most prominent honors in the Detroit area commercial real estate community, recognize three recently completed, multi-disciplinary projects in Southeast Michigan that demonstrate a significant, positive impact on the communities where they are built: a new development, a redevelopment and a special impact project. 2009 award winners were New Construction: Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital; Redevelopment: Book Cadillac Hotel; and Special Impact: The Marquee of Redford. New this year, the IMPACT judges will determine the appropriate category for each project submitted. Judges for the 2010 Impact Awards are: Lawrence Marantette, Taktix Solutions, R.J. King, DBusiness, Helen Dennis, CBRE, Bob Washer, MICCO, Joan Cleland, Acquest and Delia Rodi Barczys, Niagara Murano.
According to CREW Detroit member and IMPACT Awards Chair, Toni Gasperoni, the 2010 awards program will serve as a testament to the strength of Southeast Michigan’s business and real estate communities.
“The 2010 IMPACT Awards will not only recognize successful commercial real estate projects, they will reflect and honor companies who are committed to the future of Southeast Michigan,” explains Ms. Gasperoni. “We look forward to showcasing significant examples of how the commercial real estate industry is partnering with vital businesses and organizations to invest in our local communities.”
IMPACT Awards Criteria and Details
- Projects entered for consideration must have involved at least one company with a CREW Detroit member (membership list available atwww.crewdetroit.org/memlist.htm)
- Projects must have been completed between January 1, 2009 and June 29, 2010
- Project criteria is broad and may include innovative design and/or construction, environmental consciousness, creative use of existing materials, sensitive land use and social/economic significance
- A 2010 call for entries brochure is available at www.crewdetroit.org
- The entry fee is $100 and the request for entry package and fee are due June 1, 2010
- Completed entry packages are due on June 30, 2010
CREW Detroit Contacts for IMPACT Awards
- For entries: Lynn Trevor, email@example.com, 248.354.5100
- For sponsorship or general questions: Mary LeFevre, firstname.lastname@example.org, 313.596.0516
The IMPACT Award winners will be announced at the awards luncheon on September 23, 2010 at Oakland Hills Country Club; awardees will receive additional publicity through CREW Detroit.
About CREW Detroit
CREW Detroit (www.crewdetroit.org), founded in 1986, is a member-focused professional organization dedicated to advancing the success of women in commercial real estate by promoting networking and business opportunities among its more than 140 members. It is a founding chapter, and one of the largest local chapters, of CREW Network, a professional organization of more than 8,000 commercial real estate women in the U.S. and Canada.
Media Contact: Barbara M. Fornasiero; 248.651.7536; 586.817.8414 email@example.com