- Members of the Ford family, state and local government officials, representatices from the Historic Henry Ford Estate and University of Michigan Dearborn, Ford employees and retirees, and hundreds of community members will celebrate Henry Ford’s life and legacy and the 150th anniversary of his birth.
- The milestone will be celebrated at a free community event — “Coming Together: A Celebration of Henry Ford’s 150th Birthday” — held on July 27 at Henry and Clara Ford’s historic home, Henry Ford Estate/Fair Lane in Dearborn.
- Remarks by Bill and Edsel Ford, state and local government proclamations, ceremonial transfer of ownership of the Henry Ford Estate/Fair lane
- July 27, 2013
- 10:00 a.m. — Doors open to the public
- 11:30 a.m.-11:50 a.m. — Program remarks
- The Henry Ford Estate/Fair Lane, One Fair Lane Drive, Dearborn
- Program to take place outside on the music room terrace
- The free, family-oriented community event will celebrate Henry Ford’s multifaceted passions: automobiles, music, dancing, farmers, and artisans. Key activities include live music and dance instructures, a special farmers market, food from locally sourced vendors, and historical vehicle displays.