DETROIT, May 20, 2009 – Vikram S. Pandit, CEO, Citigroup Inc., is among more than a dozen new speakers announced today by The National Summit, which will bring the country’s leaders together June 15-17 in Detroit to discuss and advance a national economic agenda.
“These leaders bring a wealth of expertise and experience to The National Summit,” said Beth Chappell, President and CEO of the Detroit Economic Club. “We cannot wait to gather all of these top minds together to discuss and debate our country’s economic future.” Currently, more than 60 leaders from both the public and private sectors have agreed to address a General Session or take part in Town Hall panel discussions at The National Summit, which will be held at the Marriott Renaissance Center. The other new speakers announced today are:
– Thomas P. d’Aquino; President & CEO, Canadian Council of Executives
– Emily Stover DeRocco; President, The Manufacturing Institute
– Anders Gustafsson; CEO, Zebra Technologies Corp.
– Robert Johnston; Director, Global Energy & Natural Resources, Eurasia Group
– Richard Lechner; Vice President, Energy & Environment, IBM Corp.
– Dr. Jayson Myers; President, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
– Michael H. Thaman; Chairman, President & CEO, Owens Corning
– Dr. William Winkenwerder, Jr.; Chairman, The Winkenwerder Co. LLC
– Robert Youngjohns; President of North American Sales & Marketing, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Corp.
Also announced were three of the moderators who will lead and oversee Town Hall discussions:
– Esther Dyson; Chairman, EDventure Holdings Inc.
– Philip J. LeBeau; CNBC
– Robert G. Reiss; Host, The CEO Show
William Clay Ford, Jr., Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company and Andrew N. Liveris, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Dow Chemical Company, will co-chair The National Summit. Previously announced speakers include:
– Richard H. Anderson; CEO, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
– Steven A. Ballmer; CEO, Microsoft Corp.
– Eva Chen; Co-founder & CEO, Trend Micro, Inc.
– Dr. Mary Sue Coleman; President, University of Michigan
– Richard E. Dauch; Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO, AAM, Inc.
– D. Scott Davis; Chairman & CEO, United Parcel Service, Inc.
– Samuel A. DiPiazza, Jr.; CEO, PricewaterhouseCoopers International Ltd.
– Anthony F. Earley, Jr.; Chairman & CEO, DTE Energy Co.
– The Honorable John M. Engler; President, National Association of Manufacturers
– Matthew W. Ferguson; President & CEO, CareerBuilder.com
– Marvin S. Fertel; President & CEO, Nuclear Energy Institute
– J. Erik Fyrwald; Chairman, President & CEO, Nalco Co.
– Christopher J. Kearney; Chairman, President & CEO, SPX Corp.
– Martin M. Koffel; President & CEO, URS Corp.
– Timothy D. Leuliette; Chairman, President & CEO, Dura Automotive Systems, Inc.
– Timothy M. Manganello; Chairman & CEO, BorgWarner Inc.
– Peter J. Marks; Chairman, President & CEO, Robert Bosch LLC
– Michael B. McCallister; President & CEO, Humana Inc.
– Charles G. McClure; Chairman, CEO & President, ArvinMeritor, Inc.
– Harold W. McGraw III; Chairman, President & CEO, The McGraw-Hill Cos.
– Alan R. Mulally; President & CEO, Ford Motor Co.
– James J. Mulva; Chairman & CEO, ConocoPhillips Co.
– Robert L. Nardelli; Chairman and CEO, Chrysler LLC; Board of Managers, Chrysler LLC
– James B. Nicholson; President & CEO, PVS Chemicals, Inc.
– Dr. Jay Noren; President, Wayne State University
– Keith D. Nosbusch; Chairman & CEO, Rockwell Automation, Inc.
– Steve Odland; Chairman & CEO, Office Depot, Inc.
– W. Douglas Parker; Chairman & CEO, US Airways Group, Inc.
– James H. Quigley; Global CEO, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
– Matthew K. Rose; Chairman, President & CEO, BNSF Railway Co.
– John W. Rowe; Chairman & CEO, Exelon Corp.
– Thomas Schmitt; President of Global Supply Services, Senior Vice President & CEO, FedEx Solutions
– Dr. Alan Shaw; President & CEO, Codexis, Inc.
– Dr. Lou Anna K. Simon; President, Michigan State University
– David P. Steiner; CEO, Waste Management, Inc.
– Dr. Anthony R. Tersigni; President & CEO, Ascension Health
– James S. Turley; Chairman & CEO, Ernst & Young LLP
– Timothy Wadhams; President & CEO, Masco Corp.
– Donald J. Walker; Co-CEO, Magna International Inc.
– Joseph L. Welch; Chairman, President & CEO, ITC Holdings Corp.
– Ronald A. Williams; Chairman & CEO, Aetna Inc.
– Deborah L. Wince-Smith; President, The Council on Competitiveness