AUBURN HILLS — the Auburn Hills Chamber of Commerce brought 70 local business leaders together to recognize leadership and volunteerism within the Auburn Hills community during the association’s annual end-of-year event. The awards program held Dec. 5 honored five Silver Award winners and five Gold Award winners.
According to Executive Director Denise Asker, “This year’s Silver Awards represent “sterling” business qualities of innovation, education and leadership, while our Gold Awards honor volunteers meeting the Chamber’s “gold standard” of excellence and commitment to the organization’s mission.” The evening included a strolling reception and cocktail party and was held at the Hilton Suites in Auburn Hills.
Silver Award winners include:
• Cornerstone Community Financial Business of the Year Award: Hirotec America
• Baker College Auburn Hills Education Advocate: Dung Cao, Delphi Automotive
• DBusiness Emerging Leader: Megan Robinson of Snelling Staffing Services
• OU INC & Oakland University’s Innovator of the Year Award: Gibbs Sports Amphibians
• Crittenton Home Care Best in Community Award: Great Lakes Crossing Outlets
Gold Award winners include:
• Ambassador of the Year Award: Debbie Barnowsky of Snelling Staffing Services
• Get it Done Award: Kristy Mitchell of Oakland University
• Sparkle Award: Denise Beville of Hampton Inn
• Best Taste of Auburn Hills Restaurant: Lelli’s of Auburn Hills
• Most Enthusiastic Golfer: Sharon Miller of Oakland Community College
The Chamber also introduced a Board Member of the Year Award, presented to Kathryn Baker of AdviCoach. She has been instrumental in leading the Chamber’s vision and strategic planning. Baker received a trophy that will be passed from year to year to the next deserving volunteer. In addition, the Chamber will install a plaque identifying winning Board members year after year.
During the event, all volunteers were recognized. More than 75 individuals contribute their time and talent to advance the mission of the Auburn Hills Chamber of Commerce.