Other Professional Category: Education
The Roeper School brings internationally renowned expertise to the Detroit area and beyond.
As the oldest preschool through grade 12 school for gifted students in the nation, we have always prepared children, not for the next grade, but for the world. We seek to serve as many students as possible through generous financial assistance.
At Roeper, students come to understand and embrace all they are, learn to use their voices, and gain the confidence to reach out compassionately to others.
- Founded in 1941 and designated a school for gifted children in 1956
- Highly individualized, inquiry-based program
- Coed, with students from diverse ethnicities, races, and economic backgrounds
- 85 faculty members, selected for their ability to understand the needs of gifted children
- Collaboration with The Roeper Institute, an international nexus for advances and advocacy in gifted education
- Extensive Roeper Home Learning Program with collaborative opportunities in academics, the arts, and athletics
- 13-acre Lower School campus with creek, Community Center, gymnasium, library, and playgrounds
- Middle and Upper School campus featuring state-of-the art science and technology labs, black-box theatre, dance studio, Learning Commons, and full-service kitchen and cafe
- Integrated college counseling and academic advising program built around each student’s goals
- Partnership with Ultimate Soccer, home of Roeper soccer teams
- Extensive parent involvement, including parent educational seminars and workshops
- Accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States
- Member, National Association of Independent Schools, Association of Independent Michigan Schools, and National Association for Gifted Children
- Virtual Summer Camp for learning and fun opportunities for challenge and personal growth
Lower School and Administrative Offices
41190 Woodward Ave
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Middle School and Upper School
1051 Oakland Avenue
Birmingham, MI 48009