Birmingham TMS now offers a proven, innovative, non-drug therapy for adults who are struggling with Major Depressive Disorder and are not adequately benefiting from anti-depressant medications. Patients can now fight depression with transformational treatment.
NeuroStar Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is a safe, FDA-approved, in-office treatment that uses a precise pulsed magnetic field to help stimulate and regulate the healthy, natural functions of the brain. In-office treatment takes 19-37 minutes and is administered five days a week for approximately six weeks. While reclining in a spa-like chair, a small curved magnetic coil is lightly positioned on the head, a clicking noise is audible and a tapping sensation is felt on the head. TMS must be prescribed by a TMS-trained physician, and Dr. Michaels recommends scheduling a consultation to determine whether TMS is appropriate for prospective patients.
- In-office treatment
- No anesthesia or sedation
- Not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy)
- Safe and comfortable, with minimal side effects
- Able to resume all normal activities (including driving) immediately following treatment
- No adverse effects on alertness, memory, or sleep
- Covered by most major health insurance plans and Medicare
189 Townsend St.
Birmingham, MI 48009