Other Professional Category: Education
K-12 education options
For over 20 years, Brightmont Academy has been helping thousands of young people find alternative paths to becoming successful students. We are an accredited private school for students in grades K-12.
Our unique one-student-to-one-teacher instructional approach is provided in all our academic programs. Our academic offerings include:
- Full-time private school
- Individual courses for credit
- Skill building programs, and
- Test prep
At Brightmont, we address a wide range of learning styles and education needs by combining one-to-one instruction with mastery-based learning. One-to-one instruction means one teacher working with one student for every session. This instructional model meets the individualized needs of students with learning difficulties as well as those seeking greater academic challenges.
A mastery-based instruction approach allows students to learn at their own pace and achieve mastery of the content. The defining characteristics of our approach include:
- Understanding: At every step, the teacher evaluates and adjusts instruction.
- Learning style: Instructional methods leverage each student’s learning strengths.
- Pace: The pace of instruction slows when the student struggles and accelerates when the student “gets it.”
- Motivation: The teacher finds the most effective ways to encourage and motivate each student.
Instruction can begin within one week of enrollment, any time of year. And we offer flexible scheduling.
We produce students who are more confident academically and better prepared for life after graduation.
To learn more about how Brightmont can help your child visit us at brightmontacademy.com or contact us at 1-888-521-0887 to schedule a tour.