ZeroShotBot in Ann Arbor announced the launch of a new conversational AI technology that allows for chatbots than can be scalable within hours and requires no training data, allowing those with no coding experience to create a fully functional chatbot.
Developed by Jason Mars and Lingjia Tang, professors at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, the bot uses zero-shot learning, a process by which a machine learning model is capable of performing tasks it has never seen before.
“I’ve studied and worked in the AI industry and recognized that there had to be a better way to create chatbots that doesn’t require a lot of time and setup and overhead costs. I strongly believe in the potential of AI and chatbots but felt that the promise of chatbots has to date outstripped reality,” says Mars, founder and CEO of ZeroShotBot.
“With ZeroShotBot our aim is to democratize chatbots as we know it by completely rethinking from the ground up how AI chatbots work. ZeroShotBot is the first chatbot that is truly accessible for businesses of all sizes, especially for small businesses, which is the engine of our economy. Easy and quick to set up, affordable for all budgets, and simply more effective, ZeroShotBot is the dawn of a new era in customer service.”
The bot works by loading answers that will be given to users into the model. When a user asks a question, it will analyze the context of the question and map it back to the list of provided answers. It then ranks the responses based on a set of conditions to identify which is the best choice.
The features of this new bot include:
- Patent-pending AI technology:The market-first platform uses language processing and recognition through the use of zero-shot learning.
- Zero code, zero training:Non-developers can build and run an enterprise-level chatbot without prior knowledge in coding.
- Easy deployment and integration:In as little as one day, seamlessly connect with any enterprise application after loading your bot with the knowledge and information you wish for it to have.
- Always-on service and support: Enable 24/7 website user support and provide customers with a consistent experience throughout all their interactions.
- Enterprise-Grade Security: A full suite of security features protects user privacy and the integrity of enterprise data and applications.
- Real-time Chat Monitoring and Reports: Monitor user conversations and generate live user feedback and reports for maximum optimization.
- Scalable Platform Architecture: The enterprise-class multi-tenant platform supports the deployment of thousands of chatbots to accommodate fluctuations in service demand, freeing human agents to address more complex issues.
“ZeroShotBot let us build, deploy and maintain a chatbot rapidly and cost-effectively, without coding. It is important for our organization to distribute information regarding medical conditions that is based on scientific fact and medical evidence and ZeroShotBot enables us to do this reliably,” says Peter Lowes, co-executive director at ForBetterHealth, a Mississippi-based moonshot program of clinical research and solution development dedicated to ending health disparities in Black, brown and underserved populations in the U.S.