Choice Hotels International Inc. and Troy-based Koucar Management will develop a new Cambria Hotel at 600 W. Lafayette Blvd. in downtown Detroit that is expected to open next year.
The address, located across the street from the former Detroit News Building, was the former home of WWJ-AM, and after that, the former home of the Detroit Regional Chamber.
The new 154-room Cambria Hotel will be in a short drive from General Motors Co. headquarters, Wayne State University, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit Medical Center, and Tech Town, Detroit’s urban technology and research center,
“The Detroit market has seen a surge in investment in downtown businesses, which has provided a jolt to local demand with occupancy and average daily rate steadily rising last year,” says Mark Shalala, vice president of upscale brands franchise development for Choice Hotels. “Cambria’s unique value proposition and overall performance is leading more and more developers to commit to multiple projects, further accelerating the brand’s growth in prime locations across the United States.”
The Cambria Hotels in Detroit will feature upscale amenities including:
- Immersive, spa-style bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors.
- Contemporary and sophisticated guestrooms, complete with modern fixtures, abundant lighting, and plush bedding.
- A rooftop bar.
- A rooftop pool and spa-like services.
- Celebrity chef curated dining featuring freshly made food, local craft beer on tap, wine, and specialty cocktails.
- Multi-function meeting space in both locations and a formal ballroom in the Detroit property
- State-of-the-art fitness centers.
- Locally inspired designs.
Koucar Management is one of the largest private real estate developers in the Midwest and has more than 25 years of experience in commercial, residential, and hotel development and management.