Purpose Summit 2020 Detroit of Mount Clemens’ PurposePoint, which is set to take place May 12-13 in downtown Mount Clemens, has announced more than 20 speakers including national, business, thought, and community leaders that will discuss purpose in the workplace and the future of work.
The inaugural summit is expected to attract several hundred people and will include keynotes at the Emerald Theatre, breakout sessions at the Oakland University Macomb Center, lunch at participating restaurants, a sponsor cocktail and connections reception at the Anton Art Center, and more.
“We live in an unprecedented time where every organization is struggling to attract, retain and develop talent, and talent is struggling to find a career they can see themselves in for the long haul,” says Davin Salvagno, president and founder of PurposePoint. “The marketplace has shifted with the dawn of the purpose economy, the gig economy, and the experience economy. The Purpose Summit was designed to address this shift, helping both organizations and talent find their way forward.”
Discussion topics will include how purpose drives performance and profitability; the importance of organization purpose; understanding how to connect with, attract, motivate, and lead the next generation in the workforce; and discovering why and how work matters.
- Richard Sheridan, co-founder and CEO of Menlo Innovations
- Steve Lowisz, founder and CEO of Qualigence International
- Herman Moore, founder and CEO of Team Business Solutions
- Chris Lambert, founder and CEO of Life Remodeled and a 2018 DBusiness 30 in Their Thirties honoree
- Jenny Brown, co-founder and CEO of Dutton Farm
- Corinne Graper, founder and CEO of The Uplift Agency
- Davin Salvagno, founder and CEO of PurposePoint
- Kurt A. David, co-founder of PurposePoint
- Dennis Moseley-Williams, founder of DMW Strategic Consulting
- Jonathan Seller, founder of SecondTri Media
- Kimberly Kassner, founder of Empowermind
- Joe Savalle, founder of Love For A Child
- Stephanie O’Brien-Martin, founder of Moved by Purpose
- Nancy Maurer, founder of Sonder Haven
- Julie Kowalski, founder of Creative Partnerships
- Jeff Zupancic, founder of Mosaic Consulting
- Josh Wymore, founder of Wymore Consulting
- Andre’ Clemons, director of Dassault Systems
- Mark Ostach, digital wellness expert
- Doug “Odie” Slocum, retired brigadier general
PurposePoint announced in November its summits would take place in Mount Clemens and Los Angeles.
PurposePoint is a professional development organization based in Mount Clemens that provides speaking, coaching, and event planning services for organizations nationwide.
As part of this year’s program, Purpose Summit 2020 will donate up to 100 tickets to displaced employees at Art Van Furniture Inc. in Warren, which last week filed for bankruptcy, and expand exhibitor space for organizations looking to hire them. For Art Van employees interested in attending the Purpose Summit, email info@PurposePoint.com with a name, job title at Art Van, and worksite location.
More information and tickets are available here.