Detroit Restaurant Week — a biannual event that highlights eateries in the region and saw more than 30,000 participants at its most recent promotion last September — is returning April 11-20 for its spring edition.
The 10-day event, with 18 restaurants offering customers three-course dinners priced at $30 per person — will feature regulars including Cliff Bell’s as well as new additions, such as the nearly six-month-old The Grille Midtown.
“When presented with this opportunity, we said absolutely,” says Paul Zajac, general manager for The Grille Midtown, on Woodward between Warren and Mack. “Since we’ve been open, we’ve had support from the local area, and we hope after taking care of people, they will spread news about us through word of mouth.”
As part of the Woodward Garden Block Development, the restaurant will host a small mixer on Wednesday and has special plans for the promotion. While most restaurants will offer three-course dinners per person, The Grille Midtown will offer a four-course meal to attendees, Zajac says.
Cliff Bell’s has been involved with the promotion for about four or five years, says Ashleigh Laabs, spokeswoman for the jazz club and eatery. “We are happy to show the culinary pieces of Detroit since New York and Chicago have their restaurant scene,” Laabs says.
She notes that Paxahau and event sponsor Shinola are handling most of the marketing legwork for the participating establishments. “We just make sure we have everything ready for our restaurant and customers,” Laabs says.
The Detroit Restaurant Week concept was created in 2009 as a partnership project between Paxahau Event Productions, the Downtown Detroit Partnership, and partner organizations in Midtown, Corktown, Eastern Market, and New Center.
“The event was created to promote downtown Detroit’s many fine dining establishments,” said Jason Huvaere, president of Paxahau. “We are grateful for our sponsors for making this happen, and look forward to working with our restaurant partners on the new program we have in store for 2014.”
Participating restaurants include:
- 24Grille at the Westin Book Cadillac
- Andiamo Detroit Riverfront at the GM Renaissance Center
- Angelina Italian Bistro in downtown Detroit
- Cliff Bell’s in downtown Detroit
- Coach Insignia at the GM Renaissance Center
- Cuisine at New Center
- Da Edoardo Foxtown Grille in Foxtown
- Detroit Seafood Market in Paradise Valley
- Fountain Bistro in Campus Martius Park
- The Grille Midtown in midtown Detroit
- The Jefferson House in Crowne Plaza Pontchartrain
- La Dolce Vita in the Palmers Woods District
- Rattlesnake Club in Stroh River Plaza
- Roast at the Westin Book Cadillac
- Roma Café in Eastern Market
- Santorini Estiatorio in Greektown
- The Whitney in Midtown
- Wolfgang Puck’s Pizzeria and Cucina at the MGM Grand Detroit
For more information about the event, visit detroitrestaurantweek.com.