Clinton Township-based Sanders has introduced six new flavors to its ice cream line, including mint chocolate chip, peanut butter cookie, and caramel latte.
“Our initial ice cream research and development was mostly focused on reintroducing original recipes and offering a feeling of nostalgia,” says Walter Pilon, director of sales of bakery and frozen goods at Sanders and Morley Candy Makers Inc., the owner of Sanders. “These new flavors continue to rely on quality ingredients and the fountain ice cream theme, but consumers will be delighted to find some very unique options that appeal to the latest flavor trends.”
The new flavors include:
- Mint Chocolate Chip: Mint ice cream with swirls of Sanders Peppermint Topping and chocolate flakes
- Loaded Peanut Butter Cookie: Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter caramel, chocolate chunks, and cookie dough
- Blueberry Pie: Blueberry ice cream with blueberry filling, chocolate flakes, and pieces of pie crust
- Sea Salt Caramel: Vanilla ice cream with salty caramel and chocolate flakes
- Caramel Latte: Coffee ice cream with Sanders Classic Caramel Topping
- Lemon Twis•Tea: Lemon and green tea flavored ice cream with candy lemon bits
Pilon says the flavors come in 1.5-squart cartons and retail for $7. The line will be sold in retail chains in Michigan and will also be sold nationally beginning this summer.
Sanders launched its fountain-style ice cream line early last year.
Sanders is also revamping its free tour experience at the Morley Candy Makers facility in Clinton Township with a completely new tour room that includes a mini-museum and a new tour video explaining how Sanders and Morley got started in Detroit. Sanders was started by Fred Sanders in Detroit in 1875. Morley Candy Makers was also founded in Detroit, in 1919.