The Home Builders Association of Southeastern Michigan will host its 30th annual Parade of Homes, an exhibition of new model homes across the region, for the entire month of June. The event is free and open to the public.
“We are pleased to have 82 new homes built by HBA members featured in this program,” says Michael Stoskopf, CEO of the association, which is based in Farmington Hills. “The new residential construction landscape across southeastern Michigan is well represented by the variety of home styles, sizes, locations, and prices of the Parade of Homes models.”
The event offers potential homebuyers the opportunity to visit model and inventory homes, including condominiums, single-family homes, affordable housing, and estate-sized homes. Visitors will see current trends related to energy efficiency and green building, architecture, interior design, amenities, and materials.
Under-construction and pre-construction homes and condos range in base price from $162,900-$1.8 million, plus the lot. The as-shown prices range from $175,000 to nearly $3.5 million. The Sophia by Sapphire Luxury Homes, base priced at $1.8 million plus lot (as-shown price of $3,499,000) is being featured as the 2019 Homearama Showhouse.
The homes are built by 32 different builders. The event features seven attached condos, six detached condos, three pre-construction homes (buyers can work with builders from the beginning), and 11 under construction. The remainder are built.
Architects and industry experts judged the homes and awarded blue ribbons in several categories. Prizes were awarded based on innovation, aesthetic appeal, and value for price. Judges for this year’s program were Lonny S. Zimmerman of Siegal/Tuomaala Associates; Benedetto Tiseo of Tiseo Architects Inc.; Michael J. Gordon of Moiseev/Gordon Associates; Joe Sabatini of Re/Max Southeastern Michigan; and Eric Burgoon of Lake Michigan Credit Union.
The blue-ribbon-winning homes are:
- Homes base priced $300,000 and under – Columbia Homes for The Bradbury
- Special Award for Best Value Home – VIP Homes for The Drake
- Homes base priced over $300,000 and under $360,000 – Silverado Custom Homes for The Linden
- Homes base over $360,000 to $400,000 – MJC Companies for Wynstone Manor
- Homes base priced over $400,000 and under $460,000 – Toll Brothers for Amherst Classic
- Homes base priced over $460,000 to under $550,000 – Windmill Homes for The Wooddale
- Homes base priced from $550,000 to under $630,000 – Singh Homes, LLC. for Kingston
- Homes base priced over $725,000 to under $1,000,000 – Compo Builders for Lisa Ranch
- Homes base priced over $1,000,000 – Mark Adler Homes for The Glendale
- Special Award for Innovation in an Urban Setting – Robertson Homes for 750 Forest 303
- Special Award for the Homearama Showhouse – Sapphire Luxury Homes for The Sophia
More information on the homes, locations, and open hours are available here.