Phase II of Parade of Homes 2020, the 31st annual exhibition of new home models across southeast Michigan, opens this week and will run through Sept. 30, according to the Home Builders Association of Southeastern Michigan.
“On June 1, the Parade of Homes opened as a virtual event to comply with Executive Orders in place at that time,” says Michael Stoskopf, CEO of HBA. “The second phase of our program for 2020 starts now and, in compliance with all currently active orders, in-person home visits are permitted with restrictions on the number of people in a home.”
The Parade of Homes offers potential homebuyers an opportunity to see the area’s model and inventory homes, including condominiums and single-family homes, affordable housing, and estate-sized homes.
Visitors to the website and to the homes, by appointment, will have an opportunity to see the latest trends in energy efficiency and green building, architecture, interior design, amenities, and materials.
The 60 models, under construction and pre-construction homes and condominiums range in base price from $166,900 to $1,490,000. They are built by 18 different builders, all members of HBA. The Parade of Homes includes six attached condominiums and seven detached condominiums. Seven of the homes are under construction, allowing potential home buyers the opportunity to work with the builder from the beginning of construction.
On Aug. 20, a team of architects and industry experts judged the homes and awarded blue ribbons in several categories. Their decisions were based on a combination of factors including innovation, aesthetic appeal, and value for the price.
The blue-ribbon winning homes are:
- Homes base priced under $300,000 – The Arlington by MM Canton Center LLC in Canton.
- Homes base priced over $300,000 and under $385,000 – The Hartford Ranch by Arbor Farms Development in Pittsfield Township.
- Homes base priced over $385,000 and under $490,000 – Madison by Singh Homes LLC in South Lyon.
- Homes base priced over $490,000 and under $600,000 – Stratford II by Vitale Real Estate in Shelby Township.
- Homes base priced over $600,000 and under $700,000 – Royal Aberdeen by Palazzolo Brothers in Rochester.
- Homes base priced over $800,000 – The Arianna by Mirage Development in Novi.