The Mopar and Jeep Performance Parts divisions of Auburn Hills’ Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has introduced new parts kits designed to improve the off-road capability of diesel-powered Jeep models.
The new lift kits are specifically tuned to give two extra inches of height to the EcoDiesel-powered Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator.
“Our comprehensive Jeep portfolio includes more than 500 factory-engineered, quality-tested, off-road performance parts and accessories,” says Mark Bosanac, head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care at FCA – North America. “At Mopar, we’ll continue to fill our catalog with ultra-capable, factory-backed features that resonate with Jeep fans.”
Both lift kits are validated to OEM specs in order to manage the increased vehicle curb weight and to deliver heightened ground clearance and higher approach/departure angles needed for larger tires. Specific features include:
- Suspension articulation is increased 18 percent from stock for enhanced off-road vehicle capability.
- Larger 2.5-inch-diameter (versus 2-inch-diameter stock) aluminum-body FOX monotube shock absorbers are tuned for increased weight capacity, durability, and cooling during off-road conditions.
- Springs are tuned for the diesel-engine application, which optimizes the dynamic performance in all on- and off-road driving conditions.
- Longer front lower control arms (versus stock control arms) offer ideal caster settings, while unique heavy-duty bushings provide improved vehicle control and assist with suspension articulation.
- Direct bolt-on kit requires no drilling, cutting, or welding.
Each JPP lift kit includes four springs, four FOX shocks, front lower control arms, front and rear stabilizer links, front and rear bump stops, various fasteners and JPP badge, all packaged in a custom, reusable wooden crate with the JPP logo.
The JPP Wrangler lift kit (Part #: 77072399AE) is available for purchase now, while the new JPP Gladiator lift kit (Part #: 77072469AC) will be available in late summer. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for each kit is $1,495.
When oversize tires (33 inches in diameter and larger) are installed, the Mopar Vehicle Protection Custom Calibration option reconfigures the vehicle speedometer and odometer calibrations for accurate gauge readings. The available option has an MSRP of $125.