MedNetONe Health Solutions in Rochester, a healthcare management organization offering infrastructure, clinical, and technology services to more than 800 private practice physicians and independent care providers, has been chosen by the Michigan Osteopathic Association (MOA) to administer Healthcare Partners of Michigan (HCPM), MOA’s new physician organization.
“As healthcare expands its focus beyond patient care to government reporting, data outcomes, electronic records, and other non-direct patient responsibilities, it’s increasingly difficult to go it alone as a private practice physician,” says Ewa Matuszewski, MedNetOne’s CEO and co-founder.
“Yet, the relative autonomy of private practice remains an enviable draw to many physicians, so they persevere as independent providers and hobble together technology plans, staff training, and patient wellness programming while pursuing traditional patient-centric care.”
HCPM is the first physician organization to be started by a Michigan osteopathic organization. It was established by MOA to serve independent osteopathic primary and specialty care physicians, mid-level providers, and behavioral health specialists with an osteopathic approach to patient care.
As part of its administrative agreement with MOA, MedNetOne will provide HCPM members with:
- Infrastructure and technology support to develop and sustain high-performing, independent practices focused on patient health and wellness
- On office, multi-disciplinary clinical care teams to follow and advanced primary care approach to treat chronic conditions and teach self-management skills
- Outcomes data and quality improvement strategies focused on population health
- Liaison services between physicians and payors, including contract negotiations, reimbursement guidance, and troubleshooting
- Assistance in helping HCPM physicians transform their practices into Patient Centered Medical Homes.
Financial arrangements between the MOA and MedNetOne are not being disclosed. HCPM is an open system requiring no mandated hospital or health system affiliation.