Horizon Global Corp. in Plymouth Township, a manufacturer of towing and trailering equipment, has launched the Draw-Tite Hidden Hitch series.
The Hidden Hitch trailer hitches have been released for more than 20 vehicles among various automakers, including Audi, BMW, Subaru, and Volvo. The new hitch design is available for purchase at Draw-Tite dealers nationwide, hiddenhitch.com, and automotive aftermarket e-commerce sites.
Unlike a typical hitch, the Hidden Hitch trailer hitch mounts behind a vehicle’s rear fascia, so it stays hidden, allowing the vehicle to maintain its original “fresh-from-factory” appearance. When needed, the removable receiver is attached, and a hitch accessory or ball mount is secured.
Each Hidden Hitch trailer hitch features a custom design to fit each vehicle specific make and model allowing for a “superior fit and a concealed, no-drill installation.” The design, which the company states does not interfere with ground clearance, allows for mounting of cargo carriers, bike racks, and ball mounts for light-duty towing (up to 3,500 lbs. gross trailer weight and 350 lbs. maximum tongue weight).
“The Hidden Hitch series is Draw-Tite’s all-new premium hitch and truly a hitch only when you need it,” says Greg Sarkozi, product manager of towing and electrical products at Horizon Global. “The 2-inch removable receiver can easily be inserted or removed with a simple handle turn and stores when not in use in a provided hard case. The hitch was engineered for smooth, quiet, and easy towing performance with an included anti-rattle hitch pin and requires no added tools to secure towing accessories.”
Every Hidden Hitch trailer hitch includes:
- A 2-inch receiver opening to fit a wide number of hitch attachments.
- Quick and easy removal of receiver assembly with simple handle turn – no tools necessary.
- An anti-rattle hitch pin to tightly secure accessories in receiver assembly for a quiet ride.
- Hard storage case for removeable receiver when not in use.
- Two safety chain connection points for chain quick links and added security when towing.
- An anti-theft lock incorporated into the receiver for added security.
- Welded steel construction with a black powdered coat finish.
The Hidden Hitch series is engineered and tested to exceed the highest standards (SAE J684 and Euro dyno test) and includes a limited lifetime warranty.