The Parade of Homes 2022 sponsored by the Home Builders Association of Southeastern Michigan (HBA) in Bingham Farms and Lake Michigan Credit Union that runs through the end of June, announced the blue-ribbon winners in categories ranging from homes priced at $400,000 or less to $1M or more.
The judges make their decisions based on a combination of factors including innovation, aesthetic appeal, and value for the price for the 33rd annual exhibition of new model homes located across southeastern Michigan.
Judges for this year’s program were Lonny S. Zimmerman of Siegal/Tuomaala Associates; Benedetto Tiseo of Tiseo Architects Inc.; Michael J. Gordon of Moiseev/Gordon Associates; and Marty Peltier of Lake Michigan Credit Union.
“We are proud to be featuring the blue ribbon winners and all the Parade of Homes models in this program that offers potential homebuyers a unique opportunity to see the area’s finest newly built homes,” says Forrest M. Wall, CEO of the HBA. “The homes are available to view in person, based on the hours shown for each individual home, and on the program’s website at ParadeHBA.com.”
The blue-ribbon winning homes are:
- Homes priced $400,000 and under — Findlay – C, Brighton, M/I Homes
- Homes priced $450,000 to $525,000 — The Berkshire II, Wixom, MJC Stonegate Village
- Homes priced $550,000 to $600,000 — Lafayette, Detroit, Robertson Homes
- Homes priced $600,000 to $675,000 — Rosemont, West Bloomfield, Hunter Homes at Trailside Crossing
- Homes priced $700,000 to $790,000 — Churchill, Royal Oak, Palazzolo Properties and Homes
- Homes priced $800,000 to $875,000 — Summit, Milford Village, R.L. Corp.
- Homes priced $900,000 to $975,000 — Stratford II, Shelby Township, Vitale Real Estate and New Homes
- Homes priced over $1,000,000 — Moceri Prairie Ranch, Oakland Township, Moceri Custom Homes
Included in the Parade of Homes are condominiums and single-family homes, affordable housing, and estate-sized homes. The program provides an opportunity to see the latest trends in energy efficiency and green building, architecture, interior design, amenities, and materials.
The 41 models, under construction and pre-construction homes and condominiums range from the mid-$200,000s to over $1.3 million. The homes are built by 17 different builders, all members of HBA.
The Parade of Homes includes four attached condominiums and six detached condominiums. Six of the homes are under construction or pre-construction, so potential home buyers can work with the builder from the beginning of construction. Homes are in 27 different communities.
The homes are featured in a free magazine available at Lake Michigan Credit Union branches and at each of the model homes. The Parade of Homes website features the blue-ribbon winning homes and all the 2022 Parade of Homes models, including photos, features, pricing, location, and hours.
Below is a gallery of the winners.