The Erebus Haunted Attraction in Pontiac has kicked off the Halloween season with its usual array of chills and thrills, only this year it is keeping social distancing and COVID-19 mitigation in mind.
The four-story Erebus Haunted Attraction was named the No. 1 haunted attraction in the United Stated in the 2019 USA Today 10 Best Readers’ Choice Travel Awards.
“The only thing muffling the screams coming from the inside of Erebus Haunted Attraction this season will be the masks all patrons will be required to wear,” say the operators. “The fright-fest of electrifying hair-raising, skin-crawling sensory assaults that has made Erebus famous remain.”
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic Erebus made the following changes:
- Masks are required to be worn from start to finish.
- Social Distancing will be practiced.
- Additional plexiglass has been added at the ticket counter.
- Temperature checks at the door.
- Limited number of tickets sold every half hour.
- More than 40 cameras are being employed to assist with traffic flow to keep people and groups moving without backups or delays.
- Each group going into Erebus will only be allowed in with the people they arrived with. Groups are limited to a maximum of six people.
- A smaller number of live actors.
- A dedicated cleaning staff.
- Hand sanitizer stations installed throughout the building.
To keep the actors safe, all actors are required to wear face masks, stay at least 6 feet away from guests, and will have their makeup applied by airbrush, minimizing contact with makeup artists.
The Erebus Haunted Attraction will be open Oct. 1-4, 8-11, 14-18, 20-31; and Nov. 1 and 6-7.
Fridays and Saturdays: 6 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Sundays: 6-11 p.m.
Select Weekdays: 7:30-10:30 p.m.
For more information about Erebus Haunted Attraction, located at 18 S. Perry St. in Pontiac, visit here.
In addition to the Erebus Haunted Attraction, the organization has added new escape rooms at its Erebus Escape facility at 34 Oakland Ave. in Pontiac. It is open from noon to 11 p.m. Escapes are bookable by online reservation only. No walk-ins or cash on site. Reservations and booking can be done here.