General Motors Co. in Detroit has launched OnStar Business Solutions to provide enhanced logistics solutions for small business owners, fleet operators, and drivers.
The digital service that’s centered on efficiency, service, and safety now brings four distinct product offerings together — OnStar Safety Services, OnStar Vehicle Insights, API and Data Services, and Wi-Fi — to streamline fleet management operations.
“We understand that every fleet operation has its own needs and goals and that there isn’t one perfect fleet management solution for everyone,” says Michelle Calloway, director of OnStar Business Solutions. “We created OnStar Business Solutions so our fleet customers can go to one place to learn about all of our products and offerings and choose the option that will best keep them protected, connected, informed, and in control.”
With OnStar Business Solutions, customers can choose from the following business fleet products and services:
OnStar Safety Services
OnStar Safety Services aims to keep drivers safe and assets secure. Available plans include:
- Safety and Security: Provides Automatic Crash Response and 24/7 access to OnStar’s trained advisors to help with any road emergency.
- Assurance: Offers services like Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, and Stolen Vehicle Assistance.
- Driver Remote Access: Allows drivers to perform remote commands like lock and unlock from a vehicle’s mobile app.
OnStar Vehicle Insights
GM’s newest fleet telematics solution, OnStar Vehicle Insights, provides fleet managers and drivers with the tools they need to make the most of their daily operations. Features include:
- Vehicle Locator: View the location of all fleet vehicles in real time.
- Vehicle Health: View vehicle mileage, oil life, and fuel efficiency as well as receive preventative service prompts and maintenance notifications.
- Driver Performance: View driver behaviors and trips taken, and receive safety alerts around specific events like exceeding a specified speed limit.
- Trip Summaries: Maintain and reference trip history in an organized manner.
API and Data Services
OnStar Business Solutions works with a number of telematic service providers and fleet management companies to provide reliable, accurate data to help grow business fleet operations.
Wi-Fi keeps fleet vehicles and drivers connected. Crews can connect up to seven devices within 50 feet of the available 4G LTE Wi-Fi vehicle hotspot.
Pricing varies depending on service plan selected. For more information and assistance, visit www.onstar.com/businesssolutions or email an OnStar Fleet Account Executive at OnStarBusinessSolutions@gm.com.
Launched in 1996, OnStar is a wholly owned subsidiary of GM Holdings (“GM”) and offers emergency, security, and navigation services in Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Opel, and Vauxhall models. OnStar offers a range of subscription services such as Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, and Stolen Vehicle Assistance.