General Motors Co. in Detroit has announced the launch of the new My GM Rewards loyalty program for Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac customers, along with the new My GM Rewards Card, in collaboration with Marcus by Goldman Sachs and Mastercard.
“For six consecutive years GM has been recognized as having the Highest Overall Manufacturer Loyalty by IHS Markit1, driving us to create an all-new My GM Rewards that greatly enhances the ownership experience,” says Julie Heisel, director of GM Rewards and GM Card. “The new My GM Rewards is a big win for our customers with more ways to earn and redeem points, including premium tiers of membership with exclusive offers and opportunities.”
Current or past Chevy, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac customers can sign up for free in one of three membership tiers — silver, gold, and platinum. Each tier unlocks higher points earning and redemption caps. Gold and platinum members can now redeem points toward the purchase of GM certified pre-owned vehicle and points do not expire.
The expanded program allows members to earn and redeem points toward buying or leasing a new GM vehicle, as well as for parts, accessories, paid certified service, and select OnStar and connected services plans.
The My GM Rewards Card is integrated into the loyalty program and allows card members to redeem an unlimited number of points toward the purchase or lease of a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac vehicle. Card members can also redeem points toward the purchase of certified pre-owned vehicles or toward eligible in-dealership GM services.
The My GM Rewards Credit Card benefits include:
- Unlimited 7 times points for every $1 spent at GM.
- Unlimited 4 times points for every $1 spent everywhere else, earning unlimited 4 percent toward a new GM vehicle.
- Points do not expire with an open account in good standing.
- Earn a $100 card statement credit when you spend $1,500 on fuel or pay six months of electric bills for a registered electric vehicle per calendar year.
- Up to $50 per year applied toward a vehicle detailing charge from a participating dealer.
- Immediate gold tier in My GM Rewards upon card approval.
- World Elite Mastercard benefits.
Goldman Sachs Bank USA is the issuer of the credit card and Mastercard is the network of choice.
My GM Rewards originally launched in 2018 as the industry’s first automotive rewards-based customer loyalty program. Today more than 6 million GM customers are part of My GM Rewards.