World champion drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr. and his RTR Vehicles team and Ford Performance today announced the introduction of the new Series 1 Mustang RTR — the latest addition to the Mustang family.
The Series 1 Mustang RTR Powered by Ford Performance features RTR’s signature modern and aggressive styling. The Ford Performance suspension has adjustable sway bars that can change the chassis balance for either passive or MagneRide suspensions to suit twisty backroad driving, laying down lap times, drifting, or blasting down a drag strip.
“Our goal was to take the driving and owner experience of the iconic Ford Mustang to the next level,” says Gittin, president of RTR Vehicles. “This collaboration has created a Mustang that offers smile-inducing street driving, diverse capability on the track, and a very distinctive owner experience for those looking to stand out from the crowd.”
The Series 1 package, which will arrive in select Ford dealerships in early 2019, is designed to be installed at the dealer on any Mustang EcoBoost Performance Package 1 or Mustang GT Performance Package 1 model. It will come with a Ford factory limited warranty and Ford Credit financing for those who qualify.
Other unique content includes:
- Staggered wheel and tire package – 19 x 9.5-inch front and 19 x 10-inch rear
- Performance Pack 1 spoiler with RTR Gurney flap
- RTR grill with lighting, body and aerodynamics packages, and graphics that signal the car’s performance motives
- RTR fender badges, floor mats, shift knob and puddle lamps for even more custom touches
- RTR Powered by Ford Performance deck lid trim panel badging and radiator cover badge
- Serialized dash plaque, illuminated RTR Powered by Ford Performance sill plates and certificate of authenticity
“Ford is bringing more Mustang magic to more customers than ever,” says Eric Cin, director of vehicle personalization and accessories at Ford Performance. “Vaughn is a great partner, bringing a new flare for Mustang to younger audiences through drifting and other exciting performance fueled fun — we can’t wait to see what he’ll do with this car.”
Ford will sell only 500 of the serialized Series 1 Mustang RTR Powered by Ford Performance. Pricing will be announced at a later date. For more information, visit Ford Performance Parts or RTR Vehicles.